Water Cooling Loop For My Setup

Status
Not open for further replies.

shan1784

In Runtime
Hey everyone,

I'm looking to setup a WC loop for my setup in my sig below. Looking for about a $300 - $350 budget on this...

I'm very new to watercooling and have read all the stickys on the subject... I'm concerned about radiator and res placment in my case. It's an Antec 1200 which has alot of room but not sure if I should mount inside or on the back like I've seen other people do. I imagine on the back would provide for better cooling but like I said, I'm a noob at this...

I'm looking for just a CPU loop right now but would also like to cool my GTX295 as well if it can fit in the budget...

Any help is appreciated...

Very good. However the compressions fittings I think are overrated. They aren't any better than regular barbs with clamps, they just look slick.

I would also ditch the dye because eventually it will come out of suspension and clog up/stain your blocks.

You will need some of this (to go with distilled water):
Petra'sTech PT_Nuke -PHN Concentrated Biocide (10mL)

Very good. However the compressions fittings I think are overrated. They aren't any better than regular barbs with clamps, they just look slick.

I would also ditch the dye because eventually it will come out of suspension and clog up/stain your blocks.

You will need some of this (to go with distilled water):

I figured as much about the compression fittings but I do like the way they look better which is why I am getting them... Thanks for the tip about the dye.. I'll get the biocide instead...

So how would this work in the future if I wanted to add in cooling for my gpu or chipset? Would I have to get a whole other rad in place and basically create another loop or could I add them into this loop?

Well, compression fittings will hold about the same as barbs with a metal hose clamp. But they are easier to put on and take off, and also won't cut into the tube so much.

I figured as much about the compression fittings but I do like the way they look better which is why I am getting them... Thanks for the tip about the dye.. I'll get the biocide instead...
You might want to consider getting a silver killcoil, or barbs/fittings with silver plating.
The silver will kill microbes/algae

Well I pulled the trigger and ordered... Here is what I got...

CPU Block - From the research I did it seemed to be a good bang for the buck so I went with it.
Watercool HEATKILLER® CPU Rev3.0 1366

Fittings for block - I read that I would need the 45 degree fittings if using compression on the cpu block
Bitspower Dual Rotary 45 Degree Compression - 1/2 x 3/4in. BP-45R2CPF-CC5

Backplate for the cpu block
HEATKILLER® Backplate 1366

Radiator
Swiftech MCR320-QP Quiet Power 3X120mm - Black / with x2 Bitspower 1/2 x 3/4 Compressions

Pump
Swiftech MCP355 12v DC Pump

Reservoir - Top for the pump
XSPC Acrylic Reservoir for Laing DDC /with x2 Bitspower 1/2in. Compression Fittings for 3/4in. OD Tubing

Tubing - I wanted to do clear tubing with some uv additives but from the advice I got here that the additives can lead to issues I decided to go with the blue tubing from feser
Feser Tube - FT - Active UV Hose - ID 1/2" OD 3/4" 10' - UV BLUE

Biocide

Total came to $341.76 with shipping included...

Now I just need to figure out how to mount the radiator. I'm thinking I'd like to mount it internal in the drive bay area of my Antec 1200 but read that doing so will increase the heat inside my case... Any suggestions on this would be appreciated...

Well I got everything installed and am running the leak test.. Two hours in and no sign of a leak as of yet.. Gonna let it run for 12 hours and see how it is then... Took this time to also improve my wire managment as well... That was the most time consuming so far... That and getting the rad mounted inside... A couple of trips to the hardware store and all is good...

Here is a pic below of where it's at so far.. Let me know what you think...

IMG_0121.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom