Keyboard/interface problem...

Status
Not open for further replies.

lyecdevf

In Runtime
I am having a problem with my computer. When I start it up I get the following displayed on the screen:

keyboard/interface problem
Press F1 to continue

This is followed by two beps. Now I have googled for this type of problem and it said that there may be a problem with the motherboard battery and that it might need to get replaced. I have had this computer for two and a half years. I do not know is that the amount of time a batter can take?!

Some of the recomendations I have read was to use another keyboard to see if that is not the problem. So I have used two. One connects via USB. I even connected it via the USB extension card just in case some thing was wrong with the motherboard or some thing...Oh, and the mouse does not work either.

You didn't really clarify if the other keyboards corrected the problem or not. It is completely possible that the battery has died out. But, I don't see why it would say anything about the keyboard. It should say the bios settings need to be set up. Try replacing the battery. You can pick them up for cheap. $0.50-$3.00

No the other keyboard did not work either. By the way thanks for the fast reply.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom