G62 HP laptop

Status
Not open for further replies.

acerinpa

Fully Optimized
HI guys- decided it is time for a new laptop for my wife- trying to stay below $600. She is CPA so will use quickbooks, spread sheets, etc. email, web, and photos and home video. Prefer 15" to 16 " screen size.

I know that ASUS is your "fav"- but cant find one in that price range that compares to the hp below.

Special at Best Buy now = HP g62 144dx = $550 = I3 ( 2.13 , 3m L3cache) , 500 HD (7200 sata) , 4 GB DDR3 , webcam, etc. , Intel HD graphics ( garbage) .

Anybody know about this model, good/bad, or can come up with alternatives it would be appreciated.

Thanks

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/HP+-+La...ci_sku=9769412&ref=06&loc=01&id=1218170030050

chatted with overstock = 90 day warranty, cant tell me the GMA card, so no go.

how about the ASUS that uses the 1.3 Mhz processor- I was chastised some time ago for saying this CPU was too slow, etc. - but I find it on Newegg, etc. still selling and with reasonable ratings. Can the tasks listed above be performed with that processor for several years?

Well, the 1.3Mhz is a lower clock, but it is split between two cores. (not like the one core at 2.2Mhz)

It is a newer CPU as well. It should run smoother.

That should be fine for her. Might want to get an external monitor if she needs more space.

so you think the ASUS 1.3 dual core will be a better overall laptop fro her needs ( considering predicted HP problems) than the HP with the i3 cpu? That is hard to swallow- that the HP workmanship is that bad or the ASUS is that much better.....that the core components make little difference in overall performance over time.

YEP - I understand that thought- however, they are the only place that you can actually touch the product before buying it. I found a Leveno 410i ( I3 cpu, 4 gb ram, nvidia mobile 310 graphics card, 320 SATA HD , 9 cell battery, 14 inch high res screen) for $200 more, what you you think of leveno?

Well- the wife would not spend more than the $550 , the comparable Lenovo was about $750, so we bought the HP at best buy Saturday- so far so good. Question - they is a lot of HP garbage software- is any of this necessary? HP Adviser, Hp updater, Hp, Hp - want to delete it all but not sure if I should. I deleted the "free" Norton - as I hate Norton- had Kapersky already so loaded that. Loaded Google Chrome . Just need some help on what software to delete/add.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom