*The Official Tech-Forums 3DMark Vantage Rankings*

I could of sworn it was required, no big deal to me, I just like looking at that stuff :D

How did you mount the NH-D14? My TRUE with a 120mm fan barely clears the NB Heatsink, I know a 140mm won't clear. Could you post a picture?

Man it was/is a tight fit...now before anyone says anything about the way it is. Also, if I could figure out why I can't get past 215Mhz on this board...I am sure it could handle 4.6GHz for 24/7. For now..I will just live with 4.0Ghz 24/7...I have pictures to photoshop...home family movies to edit, gaming and other stuff to play with.

I was hesitant about having the air suck from top and blowing down (top of case holes), but it seems to actually help cool of the NB of the Classified (good amount of air flows over it). With not any real noticeable higher temps in the case. Not too mention east west orientation would require the removal of the heat sink off the ram the Noctua would overflow over.
4506018781_825bdbf807_b.jpg

I agree with Slay about the 3rd 480....not sure it is worth it. but its nice to have.

Here is another eye opener this is Tri Sli 470's with a 980X chip...
825core1920mem1062volt3DMV45885.jpg

The computer specs:
Corsair Obsidian 800D
Cooler Master 1000 Silent pro
Classified E760
Creative X-Fi Titanium Pro
Killer Xeno NIC
3 X EVGA 470 SC Koolance WB's
6Gigs Gskill 1700 8-8-8-20
i7-980x 4.6 w/HT on @ 1.37
2 X Corsair P128 SSD in RAID-0
2 X WD 2TB
2 X WD 1TB
One loop for CPU, NB-SB & Vreg
One loop for the 3 X 470's
Both loops use Black Ice GTX 360's

After seeing that......wondering if 470's would have been the better buy. But I have three 480's...just gonna have to live with it now. Or maybe sell one off for eventually.

Heheh...Slay has the better tweaking skills for this bench marking stuff, (I wish he was nearby....I would love to pick his brains). I am using brute force for these Vantage runs,....well with some tweaking skills.

I do gaming as well, got hooked on this benching stuff.....but I run GPU's at stock..with cpu at an easy 4.0GHz for 24/7 use. Most important thing for me ...is a computer that is stable!

Cheers all...pours another glass of wine :big_smile:

if you sell it off now you'll recoup more cash as availability is not great.

Also what's holding you back from clocking more? Sure it's not something like memory settings?

For my own experiences, it has been the ram, timings, speeds, and proper voltage. I've got a couple of tricks up my sleeve, but either next month or the month after, I've got some big plans.... Bwah hahahahaha... :p

After seeing that......wondering if 470's would have been the better buy. But I have three 480's...just gonna have to live with it now. Or maybe sell one off for eventually.

I think (2) 480's will do that with a 980X, maybe even with a 920. When Arctic Cooling releases a GTX 480 Cooler I may hook the Phase back up.

LionRed said:
Heheh...Slay has the better tweaking skills for this bench marking stuff, (I wish he was nearby....I would love to pick his brains). I am using brute force for these Vantage runs,....well with some tweaking skills.

I usually just Brute Force things also :D I decide what speed I want to run at and then It's usually a lot of memory adjustments to get the system stable enough to run long enough to complete a run.

215MHz is an awkward speed for your memory. With DDR3 1600 your either maxing your speed at 1720MHz (often requiring odd latency settings like 9-8-9 or 8-9-8 instead of a more standard 8-8-8 or 9-9-9 setting) or your underclocking at 1290MHz and losing more power than it's worth.

If you have DDR3 2000 your still in the same situation as above. Your pushing the memory at 2150MHz or settling for 1750MHz and both speeds can require odd latency setting.

You should also try playing with the MCH Strap Settings :D

ok what the ****? One run, then I've gotta uninstall and reinstall vantage every time I want to run a benchmark?
I noticed you guys all have the advanced edition, did you guys all buy it or am I missing something obvious like a free ORB serial?
edit: nvm, just bought it. meh, 20 bucks.
43,148 | S0ULphIRE | i7 980X @ 4.5GHz | GTX 480 SLI @ 866/1732/1070 | Win 7 64bit| ORB - Compare
run4.png

Back
Top Bottom