Water cooling Loop Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

Guttzu

In Runtime
So I got all my parts in for my water cooling loop but I was wondering if I would be ok with running this EK Waterblocks EK-FB EVGA X58 LE - Nickel Acetal along with the cpu block (HEATKILLER® CPU Rev3.0 1366 - Limited Edition Nickel/Chrome Plated Waterblock) off of one of these HW Labs Black Ice SR1 360 Carbon Black - Triple 120mm

Pump is a : Swiftech MCP355 12v DC Pump

Reservoir: XSPC Acrylic Dual 5.25in. Reservoir for Two Laing DDC's

Fans for the Rad are S-Flex SFF21F Case Fans
Please give suggestions.

Thanks for the suggestion Slay... so should I be ok with cooling the CPU and the chipset with the single radiator? I mean run the pump to the CPU first and then the chipset would make the most sense right?

I think you'll be OK with a single rad, but I'm no expert on watercooling.

I wouldn't go straight from the pump to the cpu. The pump generates a small amount of heat. I would go from the pump to the radiator with the pump pulling the water thru the cpu block.

The heat dump from pumps is insignificant when looking at CPU temps. There is MAYBE a .5C difference between going pump -> cpu and rad -> cpu. Just do whatever looks cleanest.

While the SR-1 is a nice rad it's way overpriced... you can get the swiftech MCR320 for half the price and lose hardly nothing performance wise.

I'd say a single rad with all that is pushing it, depending on how good you want your temps to be. On an overclocked i7 I'd estimate a 10C water - air delta

The main goal right now is to get the CPU cooled and the chipset. The stock chipset cooling sucks pretty bad so If I can get decent temps with a single Rad on the cpu and chipset I would be happy. Adding WC to a new video car will come later and at that point I'll go another pump and another rad. I would then have a single loop on the CPU and then have a loop for the video card/chipset... Lots of space at the bottom of my CM ATCS 840 to cut out some HDD bays and put another 360 pump in...

Edit... thanks Burn for the input! I am going for noise to performance ratio now so I don't really want to go a beasty delta on Megahalems... plus Slay is getting my Megahalems here as soon as I can find a weekend to install the WC loop...

Thanks for the post eagle... I'll keep that in mind when I get that cooling...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom