Monitor GPU (or other) temps while gaming full screen

Status
Not open for further replies.

CalcProgrammer1

Fully Optimized
What is the best way to see your temps while gaming? I'm trying to find what temp my laptop GPU runs at during gaming (the fan kicks in on high) but I don't want to keep tabbing out to RivaTuner. Is there any way I could send the temperature data to another PC (my netbook) to see while gaming? I guess I could hook up a second monitor but was wondering if other ways existed.

I use MSI Kombustor, it tells you gpu usage, temperature, clock and memory speed, etc. while testing for stability. The program is free, and pushes the gpu or both of them if you sli/ xfire to around 90%-99%, so it is a good indication of what your max temps would be while gaming.
desktop kombustor.jpg

Also of note is HWMonitor, which you can open and leave running while you game and when you exit the game, it will tell you your current, minimum, and maximum temperatures on all components within your system. as for an active OSD(On Screen Display) displaying what your asking for while gaming, I'm not sure. I tried the Afterburner OSD function, and played Metro 2033, even setting it to the top window(global and independent profile), but it didn't show up. You could always open HWMonitor, play the game for a few minutes with fraps running to monitor FPS ,(until your sure that temps have had enough time to reach their peak) and alt+tab, then check HWMonitor.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom