Can this PC run all the latest games?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah all compatible. What is the model of that PSU, though just to make sure. Open up the case and check the label on the side to see.

if your saying the hard drive is not working because the os got ****ed up by something then you can just format it, using gparted...

Yup and you could keep it as a boot drive since it's a raptor.

Yeah, it's definitely a good idea to make sure the drive isn't just dead because of a OS problem. The Raptor is one of the best hard drives (other than SSD's), because of it's internal components. It's running at 10,000RPM versus 7200RPM that most newer drives run at. If you could use your Raptor still, you would notice a significant increase in boot, and opening problems that are on the drive, compared to a 7200RPM drive. Now, if you do want to buy a hard drive, and want performance, look into Western Digital Black's or Samsung F1 drives. They're 7200RPM, but known to be some of the fastest in that class. As for size, it's totally dependent on how many games/programs you install. I have roughly 15 games, all over 4GB and I have barely touched 100GB yet, including the OS. I'm comfortable with a 500GB drive, some want 1TB, some don't even need that, and go for smaller drives.

if your saying the hard drive is not working because the os got ****ed up by something then you can just format it, using gparted...

Yes, the HD is not working because of a Virus. It got so bad I can't boot to desktop at all (via safe mode, debugging, ect).

I just get a blue screen saying 'Windows has Encountered A Problem and has been shut down to prevent further damage' whenever I try to boot the OS (XP).

The HD is only 70GB though (Raptor, 10k rotation), that's enough space for what, 5 games maybe?

Should I try to fix it or trash it? -- I have tried just Re-installing the OS but it freezes at 'Windows is configuring your setting's screen.

^easy fix, reformat. use it as a boot drive, and still buy a storage drive if you need more space, but if 70gb is enough for you dont bother. Why not use it is the good question, it will be faster then a normal drive, most likely not very noticably at all, but its better then nothing, and its 70 more gigs.

Great! I'll try to reformat it.

--I looked it up. I can't get to the partition setup when I put in the OS disc, it gets to the blue OS loading screen and freezes there.

Is there any other way to reformat it?

GParted is great, but know it takes a while. But ****, if it saves you some cash upfront, well worth it, when you're working on a budget.

GParted -- Welcome

GParted -- Download

You can also use Western Digital's disk tools, and format from there.

WD Support > Downloads > SATA & SAS > WD VelociRaptor

Not sure which is actually better though, as I have heard great things about both.

Don't ya mean F3s?

Yes, the F3's. Oops. :D At least you knew which one's I was meaning.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom