screen streaks out and freezes

Status
Not open for further replies.

initialfaust

Beta member
i built this computer about two years ago and never had problems with it until i updated the graphics card driver. the screen would streak and freeze while i was playing wow so i reformatted recently and now it does it when i play A.V.A. i downloaded the most recent driver from the nvidia website and cant figure out the problem. i ran core temp and rivatuner while in A.V.A. but the comp crashed again and i don't know where to find the log if it wasn't lost.

my systems specs are
intel core 2 duo e8400 3.0ghz
evga geforce 9800GTX+
2 250gb sata hd's in a raid0 stripe (software stripe not hardware)

What OS are you running? Do you experience this while doing anything else, or just games?

Try completely removing the drivers for the card and disabling the automatic driver installation. Reboot and reinstall the latest drivers and see if that works. Flashing your BIOS might be a good idea as well.

i'm running windows XP professional i believe 32 bit. it only seems to happen when i am in games but it doesnt happen in all games it seems like its just games that are more graphics intensive like wow and AVA.

i just noticed that for some reason the 2 2gig sli ready memory i got were in fact 1 gig per (originally i built it to be sli ready but after getting 100-200 fps in wow with just one card i didn't see the point). so what i thought was 4 gigs of ram is actualy 2. could it be a problem with the memmory? as for the driver after i reformatted yesterday as soon as i got my wireless router running i went to nvidias website and downloaded the latest driver for the 9 series graphics card.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom