Recommend a laptop...

Status
Not open for further replies.

carnageX

Private Joker,
Staff member
Well, I'm wanting to sell my current laptop and get a new one. I was looking at Asus's ul50vt-x1, but they are no longer available on Newegg (nor their counterpart, the ul50vt-a1). It had awesome battery life (up to 10 hours), a switchable GPU (dedicated/integrated), and some other nice things I liked about it (i.e. being an ultrathin and still being a normal-sized notebook).
Link to notebook I was looking at: Newegg.com - ASUS UL50 Series UL50Vt-X1 NoteBook Intel Core 2 Duo SU7300(1.30GHz) 15.6" 4GB Memory DDR3 1066 320GB HDD 5400rpm DVD Super Multi NVIDIA GeForce G210M + Intel GMA 4500MHD
So, I was wondering what would be comparable to this laptop? Battery life is particularly important, as I'm a college student, and would like a notebook that lasts me more than an hour and a half.

I've seen Lenovo laptops last all day. Battery life depends on which gadgets you have on, what power plan, how many programs are running, etc. Whatever they say the life is, you'll never see it.

Well on that Asus one, It's supposed to last up to 12 hours, and I had read several reviews on it from people, and they were saying they were getting up to 10 hours on it with normal usage (nothing intensive, just browsing/etc).

And yeah, I know battery life is dependent on what you're doing with the laptop; but basic things like browsing the web/taking notes in class aren't that demanding, so a laptop with a high-cell battery should be able to last a while.

Had looked at Lenovo's ThinkPad laptop's as well, before.

Sadly I can't really find that laptop anywhere...lol. Unless newegg is plannin on getting it back in (just says 'Currently Unavailable).

I prefer to stray away from Toshiba's, sadly. I had to work on them, as well as Dells, very frequently at my last job (Dell's more frequently at my current job).

Thanks MoM, will check it out.

I wouldn't trust Dell. I have one myself, but it's nothing special.

I've worked with Toshina before, not often, but I've only seen little problems.

ASUS is good, though :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom