Is this video card good for the price

Status
Not open for further replies.

Well i just paid for this card from newegg.ca 160.99$ So wen it comes in next week all tell ya how good it is or not :crazy:

Reason that i got this card? i had ati 3870 512mb.. And trying to play BattleField Bad Company 2
IT`s ****..
Load times after each time you die(hotfix FIX for certain cards) for 3 days i could not play, game would load i pick a server, as the game would start i could use my mouse but as soon as i hit the keyboard the display driver would crash... I fix this by using some old drivers (after trying all the new one 10.1,10.02,10.03+hotfix,10.04) all installed fine but as soon as i got in the game it would crash my display drivers..
and since all ati user all having issues with this game i decide to go to the dark side and get my self a Nvidia card.

I have been a ati/amd guy for the past 4-5 years :p
"The Time They are a Changing"

just got the Card in today :p work Good Way better then my ati 3870 512mb, Battlefield bad company 2 runs so much better now :p

I don`t know why but i had a hard time getting rid of my ati drivers
i used CC cleaner and Driver Sweeper.. took 4 tries to get rid of them all and still i had to hunt some down manually ..

Now i just need to get use to Nvida and figure out how i can oC this puppy.. but i have no clue as this is my first Nvida card lol

or a 5770,
Newegg.com - XFX HD-577X-ZNFC Radeon HD 5770 1GB 128-bit DDR5 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready CrossFireX Support Video Card
better than a gts 250, very similar to a 4870 while running cooler and consuming less power, and also supports dx11.

Go with this. 5770 is actually closer to 4890 in terms of performance, can OC like a bat outa ****, and has DX11 support. It also is less hurtful on the electric bill. Is overall the better choice out of most cards today in this price bracket.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom