looking for a little help with picking a laptop

Status
Not open for further replies.

Desolation

In Runtime
alright all my sis is looking at getting a new laptop her budget is 600. she surfs the web does home work and plays a few games. she wants something that's not gonna bog down on her, whats the best bang for her buck with tech now days, not to familiar with laptops don't really like em much. any input you guys have would be help full

Good find. The only basic difference between the two besides the casing is the asus has a 2.3Ghz cpu and the acer only has 2.2 but i doubt the difference is noticeable. We got the asus because my girlfriend like the mouse pad the best on the asus out of all of the brand.

Good find. The only basic difference between the two besides the casing is the asus has a 2.3Ghz cpu and the acer only has 2.2 but i doubt the difference is noticeable. We got the asus because my girlfriend like the mouse pad the best on the asus out of all of the brand.

Also, the Acer has an HDMI output along with the VGA output. All I saw on the ASUS was a VGA output.

thanks for the input those both look nice one thing i forgot to add or i should say i thought i typed it out but it was in my head she has really bad eye site she can only see about 25 feet in front of her maybe less( shes legally blind) so it cant have a glossy screen and a decent sized screen so she can see everything i feel like an idiot cause i thought i put that in there

That's the biggest, best performer in her budget. She can sacrifice the dedicated card, and go intergrated, but that'll make gameplay even worse. I'm not sure how demanding the Sims 3 is, so she may be able to.

This is not a small laptop by any means, and not sure exactly how "portable" it is, but it's one of the biggest screens. This is meant as a desktop replacement. It has pretty good integrated, one of the best I believe. If she wouldn't mind refurbished, she could get it for less than her budget. It's $700 new.

Amazon.com: Toshiba Satellite P505D-S8000 TruBrite 18.4-Inch Laptop (Black/Silver): Computer & Accessories

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom