Can this PC run all the latest games?

Status
Not open for further replies.
It will barely run any games. The graphics chip is integrated (read: slow, low-power, designed only for very basic use) and fairly slow integrated at that, too.
All the other specs are fairly decent, though.

If you're after a gaming machine, you're really much better off building it yourself.

I thought the NVIDIA GeForce 6150 SE was a decent enough card? Why would they sell a computer with that much memory and RAM but not throw a usable graphics card on it?

I thought the NVIDIA GeForce 6150 SE was a decent enough card? Why would they sell a computer with that much memory and RAM but not throw a usable graphics card on it?

That's the game that computer manufacturer game ;)

If you want something good, build it yourself, or if you absolutely have to buy pre-buit you can try ibuypower.com.

I thought the NVIDIA GeForce 6150 SE was a decent enough card?
Unfortunately, it really isn't. Have a look for it on our GPU Performance List - if you scroll down to #140, you'll find the 6200. Now, the 6150SE isn't on there (since integrated GPUs aren't), but if it were it would be several places below that, which is a bottom-end card from about six years ago.
To give you an idea of scale, the 6800GT (#77) is a mid- high-end card from six years ago (I used to own it), which could just about play Oblivion (a game from 2005) on low graphics, at a low resolution.

Why would they sell a computer with that much memory and RAM but not throw a usable graphics card on it?
There are plenty of other uses for 3-4GB of RAM and 640GB of storage than gaming. Especially on the multiple users front - more RAM allows more people to (effectively) be logged in at the same time, storage allows for the storage of multiple users. And that computer is really meant to be a family computer.

FYI putting a computer together is very simple. Members of this forum show people how to do it all the time, and are always helping. It's incredibly easy and in the end really worth it. It saves you a ton of money, and you generally get better performance. And you get the awesome feeling that you built your own computer :D

Okay. Yes sadly I must by manufacturer built as I don't know how to put the hardware together myself.

After reading your thoughts I found this one:

HP - Factory-Refurbished Desktop with AMD Athlonâ„¢ II Quad-Core Processor - a4316f

It should run just about anything I need right? Has a 9k Graphics card, and plenty of RAM.

It's only a 2.6 CPU but it's Quad Core so it should still run current Games top notch?

Replied to the email ya sent me about that. I concur with the other two ;)

I know about software but the insides of a computer are foreign to me, it's way too intimidating to try putting one together piece by piece. I messed up my old PC trying to put a new RAM stick in it and had to get it professionally fixed... So yeah.

I looked at ibuypower for instance, but I don't know what parts to select in order to get what I need! My budget is about $500

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom