Computer Freeze when starting WoW

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wroop

Solid State Member
I've recently though about trying out WoW again and I updated my already existed WoW folder with new patches and run the wow.exe. As the game starts, I get to the login screen and Bam!, it freezes. The whole system freezes and I have to hit the power button to restart the system. This is nothing about random, nothing with 5 mins - 3 hours, this is Instant Freeze when the computer likes, realize "Ohh, World of warcraft is going on, lets freeze wahaha". either 1-8 Seconds!

The thing is, I played wow back at november last year and it worked perfectly fine with the exact same harddrive/OS/system running.

Computer Specs:
Windows XP SP3 (updated
DirectX 9.0c(updated)
Nvidia Geforce 7900 GS AGP 512mb(updated)
Intel Pentium 4 3.0 ghz
1.5 gig Ram spread out over 4 slots
Fujutsi Siemens(dont know which one), with "Pheonix" BIOS System

I got an Antec Nine Hundred case with 4 fans.

got AVG Antivirus running along with S&D Search and Destroy
(used to have Norton Antivirus but uninstalled it to increase FPS in games)

This just cant be:
-Heating problems with Graphic card
-non-updated drivers(old drivers)
-Viruses since I searched my whole computer at 3 diff times.
- a WoW Virus existed in the wow files, (since I already REINSTALLED the whole game once)

It works -PERFECTLY- fine with other games, such as Dirt, Trackmania, Battlefield 2, with more..

ANOTHER IMPORTANT THING IS: at a LAN. When I was hooking up my computer with power, my computer stood behind me, upstood. As clumsy as I am, I made a total Hipcheck(Hockeyterm) on it and it fell. It didnt sound good until I lifted it up and heard some notgoodsound inside. As I started it up after realizing i'd broke it, it came nowhere at all, blackscreen and nothing happen. Tried to start it up for 10 times until it finally started up, with all things working full.
This hasnt caused problems with anything except WoW. And it sounds really really weird if only WoW was the only thing that broke :angry:.

If this story above has nothing do to with the problem, im not embarresed, since I want to give you all the information Possible.

I havent re-installed the OS(format) the system.

This may cause future games if not fixed, I dont know, maybe Starcraft 2 wont work on my computer because of this? :neutral:
I just want to clear this up.

Would be really thankful if you guys could help me out on this one, come with suggestions.
Thanks!:smile:

Please wait 24 hours before bumping.

Try running a stress test on your GFX card.

Have you tested for spyware/malware?

How much Motherboard RAM is used up when you start the game?

Sorry, I've run a stress test and it worked?

I've tested for spyware and I was clean.

I dont know about the Motherboard RAM? since I cannot do a thing while it freezes, just like Login screen, 2secs freeze.

Did you take the side cover of your computer and have a look inside after it fell over? it could of knocked a heat sink or anything now as soon as something intensive starts it freeze?? that's what i am thinking anyway.

CPUID

go to that website and download PC wizard 2010 and check both CPU temp and graphics card temp

after that reinstall wow and dx9 ...

Did you take the side cover of your computer and have a look inside after it fell over? it could of knocked a heat sink or anything now as soon as something intensive starts it freeze?? that's what i am thinking anyway.

CPUID

go to that website and download PC wizard 2010 and check both CPU temp and graphics card temp

after that reinstall wow and dx9 ...

My graphic card and processor heat values are normal. You see, I can run Heavy Graphic games and my computer can handle it(low) but the ONLY game i cannot run is WoW, the ONLY.

It cant be something with the heat, it has to be some kind of f***** up WoW virus I got before that screwed up my complete WoW.exe/folder like forever.

Im thinking about reformating with my XP disc during this weekend, fresh new start, hope that will work out, if not, I can report here.

okey, i reformated XP and my harddrive, installed it yesterday and it WoW works!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom