Rate the Wire Management Above You!

considering that you have 3 HDD, no mobo holes, horrible 24pin placement on the motherboard, I give it a 6.9/10

suggestions: zip ties, zip ties, zip ties. take the 2 front panel connectors on the bottom left of mobo, run top one straight down to the bottom one and ziptie. pull them straight to the right nice and snug to bottom of mobo, and zip tie them with the other front panel connectors (after pulling them straight down). then you see the very small hole on bottom right of mobo tray? take the front panel wires and ziptie them to that hole.

Follow same basic procedure throughout. Right angles are better (my opinion anyway) than loops/bends/curves.

kmote, apokalipse, Luke, apsoul: Thanks for the advice, will give it a try, and repost pics when next stage is finished. Ordered and Ultra modular PSU and a XFX 750i MB (has better placement for cables) also found a pack of zip-ties...so let the fun begin. :)

Ordered and Ultra modular PSU and a XFX 750i MB
wait, hold on. Your buying these parts for you have better cable management?

Anyway, if you really want a modular psu i would advise against an ultra psu, i have heard a lot of bad things about them. Something more like a Corsair HX series would serve you better for the money you are spending.

So what rating would you assign my current level of cable management? Also, I wish I could do something with these PCI power cables.

At your request. Please keep in mind that I am open to any suggestions, so long as it doesn't involve taking a long walk off of a short peer, or flying a kite on a freeway.

Edit @ Below... Thats an excellent suggestion, but I'm not sure what effect it would have on cooling the cpu. Oh well, I get my new tubing tomorrow, so we'll just have to see. Thanks for the suggestion.

Attachments

• DSC00376.jpg
    DSC00376.jpg
    98.1 KB · Views: 101
I'd suggest routing your tubes like this:
watercoolingtuberoutes.jpg

Back
Top Bottom