*The Official Tech-Forums 3DMark Vantage Rankings*

I'm getting only 25.80 steps/s in cpu test 2 without HT enabled, and 34.40 with it on which seems fairly low. Any ideas why this is occuring? By the way I am OC'd to 4.5ghz with HT off.

What video cards are you using? GTX260's in SLI? Do you have PhysX enabled? Post a compare link and screenshot of your score, cpuz and gpuz.

I'm using a Sapphire HD5970 oc'd to 1000mhz core/ 1225mhz memory. I'm familiar with 3dmark06, so how do I disable physX? I have software PhysX, but it's kinda useless on an ATI.

Edit.... I dont want this score recorded until I work out what the problem is.

One thing I noticed during the test in question, is that the planes that fly through and around the hoops, some of them seem to be broken in half, or glitched in proportion.

Attachments

• 30713.jpg
    30713.jpg
    98.7 KB · Views: 77
19,537 | gurusan | i5 750 @ 4GHz | GTX 260 SLI @ 702/1407/1080 | Win 7 64bit| ORB - Compare

btw I think physx should always be disabled for this bench as it skews the results.

ss20100505123721.jpg

btw I think physx should always be disabled for this bench as it skews the results.

ATI needs to quit screwing it's customers over and start spending some of their profits on developing it's own Physics Package. ATI users need to start complaining to ATI about there lack of support instead of asking Nvidia owners to disable features.

The results aren't skewed, they show ATI's lack of support perfectly.

LoL. NVIDIA are the ones who have screwed the customer by paying developers to use PhysX rather than a standard like DirectCompute.

Their low tactics are quite apparent from a number of examples, one such being the disabling of PhysX when an ATI card is detected. PhysX always has been and always will be a gimmick. No matter how hard NVIDIA try, eventually directcompute is going to win out.

Even being an owner for the red team, I have to agree with Slay( from the immaturity of the drivers to the lack of competitive features, ATi needs to step up their game ALOT), Eyefinity is great and all, but it doesnt even work half the time and causes 2D downclock issues with the drivers... However, forums and threads in the past have been dedicated to making this request known, but as I have always known, ATi is very distant from it's customers....and it's forum mods lack a good amount of initiative and assertion.

ATI needs to quit screwing it's customers over and start spending some of their profits on developing it's own Physics Package. ATI users need to start complaining to ATI about there lack of support instead of asking Nvidia owners to disable features.

The results aren't skewed, they show ATI's lack of support perfectly.

You do know that even futuremark encourages turning physx off for vantage don't you?

Futuremark designed it to test the CPU not GPU

Back
Top Bottom