i7 gaming computer build

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't get that ram, you won't need 12Gb. The OCZ Gold 6Gb 1600Mhz set is the usual recommended set here.

For your gfx card, a 5850 should be good enough. If you want to spend a little more, get a 5870 or gtx 480

It might be a good idea for him to stick with the bigger PSU, in case he wants to SLI/CF in the future. OC'd i7 + two gfx cards might be cutting it close for 750W

Completely agree get the 920. From what ive noticed they all overclock to arould 4.1-4.2

I have a lot of trouble getting them past that without an extreme.

getting the 920 will save you a bit to spend elsewhere too

Sorry you never said you were using crossfire or sli? maybe in another thread? Also the power supply i linked may only be $40 less but is much better quality, i think only the stable power series is good by rosewill, pretty much avoid rosewill for power supplies when you have the cash to buy a good one. The 850tx slay linked is good, but i would stick with the 930. If you grab a gtx 480 then you'll need the 850w at minimum, a 950w would be preferable for headroom.

Sorry you never said you were using crossfire or sli? maybe in another thread? Also the power supply i linked may only be $40 less but is much better quality, i think only the stable power series is good by rosewill, pretty much avoid rosewill for power supplies when you have the cash to buy a good one. The 850tx slay linked is good, but i would stick with the 930. If you grab a gtx 480 then you'll need the 850w at minimum, a 950w would be preferable for headroom.

Every Rosewill I have used or encountered has been of some of the best quality. Not as great as say Corsair, but to make a statement on Rosewill being a pretty much a crap brand, is ludicrous. What facts do you have to go on by saying Rosewill isn't any good, and to avoid them? Yeah, they're quality control should be a lot better, but that's the people in the company, not the PSU.

I would buy a Rosewill PSU, in a heartbeat, if the price was right. However, with it being around the same price as that 950W Corsair, that would be my choice. They are better quality.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom