Has my 5770 died?

Status
Not open for further replies.

bentini1uk

Solid State Member
Ok problem goes like this, i've built a new rig about a month ago and today im just sat browsing the web and the monitor goes blank so i turn off and back on and get a no signal message.
I Hard reset to have my computer not boot and the monitor to just come up with the no signal error.

I've tried re-seating my 5770 to no avail and the only way i can boot is to remove graphics card and plug monitor directly into mobo. Also tried un-installing and reinstalling drivers but i don't believe this to be a software issue at all.

Up untill this moment i have ran games fine and have been really happy with my new system. The question remains has the XFX HD5770 just randomly died at only a month old or is there a more sinister underlying problem, any help, comments or advice would be greatly appreciated, thanks.

Stephen

no i dont hear any beeps when i try to boot with the 5770 in. Just all case/cpu/gpu fans start then nothing

I have a 5770 as well. I don't really know how to solve your issue. Does your motherboard have another PCIe 2.0 slot? If so, try putting it in that one. My 5770 is manufactured by Sapphire and runs pretty just with the 850 MHz clock. I would contact XFX, as your card should still be under warranty.

If for some reason it's not, you could try putting it in the oven but I would do this only as a last resort.

Holy crap, it worked! Dead video card resurrected! - [H]ard|Forum

sadly i don't, the only thing i can do is try to return the card to the shop and swap for a new one. but also don't want to take it back for them to test it and say its working fine.

I assume you do not have another pci-e slot.

You could try to start it up without the 6 pin plug for the card and see if you get any beeps. Also try different sticks of ram in different slots.

Update, Returned my card to the shop, scan and they instantly replaced with a new one, installed and all working correctly. Thanks for any comments.
Stephen

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom