x700xt vs 6600GT

Status
Not open for further replies.
The x600s will most likely be a flop in the computer builder market. They will probably mostly be sold to companies like HP/Compaq to put in their family pcs.

Whoops I just realized how stupid I am. I meant to say X700 Pro instead of X600 Pro. I was wondering why you were talking all about the X600 Pro. Then I checked my post and felt really stupid. Does memory factor in then with the X"7"00 Pro? The X700Pro has 256MB and DDR3 memory doesn't it? And that was a fast reply.

no actually the onle x700 with ddr3 memory is the x700xt and it only has 128MB DDR3... so far thats the only one of the x700 series that has ddr3 memory inside it

yes because the base 6800 has 12 pixel pipelines and 6 vertex pipes.. whlie the x700xt only has 8 pixel pipes with 6 vertex pipes... and the 6600 has 8 pixel pipelines with only 3 vertes pipelines.. so the gpus are considerably different

So if I have 2 video cards exactly the same, except one had 128MB of memory and the other has 256MB, would they still perform about the same?

depends on the gpu and the make.... like i know many of the last gen nvidia cards.. such as the 5500 and 5700, the 128MB versions were much more reliable and faster for gaming than the 256 MB versions as they had to change the architecture in many of the cards to support the extra ram and that caused a decrease in performance... like i said it all depends on the make and model

EDIT: blast u beedub lol cudnt wait 2 more seconds until i posted haha

and it just isnt the 9800 that is slower in performing if u have the 256 mb version... like i said in my earlier posts theirs a lotta older gen nvidia cards that go along the same lines

_SiLv3R_ said:
well i read the review off of hothardware.com where they put the x700xt up against the 6600GT and well the x700gt creams the 6600 in most of the benchmarks and most of the time the 6600 wins its not by much.. except in doom 3.. the 6600 creams the x700 in the benchmarks.. anyways i was planning on building a medium-high end computer for my lil bro where he can play most of the new games and i WAS planning on getting the 6600 but i dunno now im having seconds thoughts.. what do you guys think? :confused:

EDIT: and for the same time the x700 has 3 more vertex pipes (with a total of 6) than the 6600 has.. and i heard the catalist drivers with their a.i. system help it out a bit as well

Well rmbr the benchmarks for the 6800 and the x800's ATi mashed nVIDIA but overall performance is just about the same.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom