think its about time to upgrade pc

Status
Not open for further replies.
you want better gaming performance, but you want to upgrade your cpu, mobo and ram. if you want better fps, you should focus more on the gfx card.

i totaled up those 3 parts you listed to around £435.

for £438, these would give you a much better improvement in gaming,
AMD Phenom II X4 Quad Core 955 Black Edition 125W - Aria Technology
Asus M4A785TD-V Evo AMD 785G (Socket AM3) DDR3 PCI-Express Motherboard - Aria Technology
OCZ 4GB PC3-12800 DDR3 Gold (2x2GB) - Aria Technology
XFX ATI Radeon HD 4890 1024MB GDDR5 PCI-Express Graphics Card - Aria Technology

With the build you posted, you have a future proof CPU, and possibly motherboard.

With the build Muffin posted, you have a rock solid build for a while, but you'll be lacking in USB 3.0 support in the future, and SATAIII which will become the standard for newer hard drives in the future. You'll also be losing 2 more processing cores. Not sure how quickly newer games will be able to take full advantage of these (if any don't yet, anyway), though.

BUT! You'll be getting a much more powerful GPU, and faster RAM with better tighter timings.

Personally I know you're lacking in the CPU portion, and it seems like you don't upgrade all that much, just like most of us. I would go with the build Muffin listed, as it will be able to **** near max out most games now, and still be able to play newer titles as they come out. Mainly because of that more powerful GPU.

However, you could save a little money on the build Muffin suggested by going with a 4850, and throwing it and yours into Crossfire, and have a MUCH more powerful system. For quite a bit cheaper.

It would come out to £372.43 including VAT if you went with a 4850 instead of the 4890.

The 4850 that I used as comparison (from the pictures, it looks like a PowerColor) :

Arianet ATI Radeon HD 4850 1024MB GDDR3 PCI-Express Graphics Card - Aria Technology

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom