I am building a computer for Bad Company 2, SC2, and D3. Need help on AMD based build

Status
Not open for further replies.

madeye

Baseband Member
Next week i will be placing an order for a new computer, through the website NCIX.com - Canada's Premier Computer Store - Great Technology, Service and Selection. (I am from Canada).

Now, i have enough money to be flexible, and don't need to lay out a strict budget.
At the same time, i want to build the CHEAPEST POSSIBLE COMPUTER that will run all current and in-development games at or near the highest possible settings.

I'm thinking DX11 support, windows 7, probably a quad core processor, but possibly 6core.

Please throw me some suggestions, as this impending order is set in stone. I NEED a new computer and the money is available now, finally, after 4 years.

My rough budget-outline is probably 1000 dollars. FLexable, but dont kill it.

The budget must include all computer hardware, as well as a keyboard and mouse. I also need to purchase windows 7. As much of a future-proof system as possible.

I Already have a monitor.

Re: I am building a computer for Bad Company 2, SC2, and D3. Need help on AMD based b

Well if you need it for BF2 and to run it 'good enough' then I'd just start with their recommended settings:

Processor: Any Quadcore Processor (AMD X4 is easily good enough)
Memory: 2 GB <-- make it DD3
Hard Drive: 15 GB for Digital Version, 10 GB for Disc Version
Video Memory: 512 MB (NVIDIA GeForce GTX 260) <-- that's the one ya want
Sound Card: DirectX Compatible
DirectX: 10
Keyboard and Mouse
DVD Rom Drive

Those will be where most of your budget will go. Aside from that, mobo and psu will cost some more. If your in a tight budget then get a motherboard that will run your cpu and gpu ok throw in your psu and away you go.

Good luck.

Re: I am building a computer for Bad Company 2, SC2, and D3. Need help on AMD based b

also if your from Canada like me check out Newegg.ca they have some good prices,
FYI if your gonna play BattleField Bad company 2 i would stay away from ATI, though they are working on fix(s) for the game, all user of ATI cards are having issues (including me) they did put out a hotfix for the 5xxx series but i heard they are still having issues.

If i had to build a new comp with about 1000$

Cpu AMD 6 cores
Newegg.ca - AMD Phenom II X6 1055T Thuban 2.8GHz 6 x 512KB L2 Cache 6MB L3 Cache Socket AM3 125W Six-Core Desktop Processor
210.99$+4.95 s/h

Mobo
Newegg.ca - BIOSTAR TA890GXE AM3 AMD 890GX HDMI SATA 6Gb/s Micro ATX AMD Motherboard
or
Newegg.ca - ASUS M4A89TD PRO AM3 AMD 890FX SATA 6Gb/s AMD Motherboard

Ram ddr3
Newegg.ca - G.SKILL Ripjaws Series 4GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800) Desktop Memory Model F3-12800CL9D-4GBRL
111.49 p.s if your not planing on using windows 64Bit the max ram u can use is 4GB, if you are i would kick up to 6GB helps allot wen running allot of software at once.

Total of 509$ (dint add s/h tax since i have no ideal were in canada you live :umm:

You will still need a video card but selection is so big...
i`m getting this card (i`m on tight budget)
Newegg.ca - ECS NBGTS250E-2GMU-F GeForce GTS 250 2GB 256-bit DDR3 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready SLI Support Video Card
164.99$
The 2Gb of ram sealed the deal for me. but the core clock speeds seam lil low to me.. all see next week wen it arrives :big_smile:
oh and other stores to check out If your Canadian
Newegg.ca
Canadacomputers.com
NCIX.com - Canada's Premier Computer Store - Great Technology, Service and Selection.
hope this helps a lil

These would be better:
Newegg.ca - GIGABYTE GA-890XA-UD3 AM3 AMD 790X SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX AMD Motherboard

Newegg.ca - GIGABYTE GA-890FXA-UD5 AM3 AMD 890FX SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX AMD Motherboard
the FX just has more PCI-E lanes, which just means that if you run crossfire both cards will get 16X bandwidth.
However it has been demonstrated that 8X PCI-E bandwidth is still more than enough to run a 5870 at full speed.

Newegg.ca - XFX HD-577A-ZNFC Radeon HD 5770 (Juniper XT) 1GB 128-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready CrossFireX Support Video Card
the 5770 is better than a 4850 or a GTS 250, and supports DirectX 11.

Newegg.ca - G.SKILL Ripjaws Series 4GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800) Desktop Memory Model F3-12800CL7D-4GBRM
7-8-7-24 timings

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom