ZorrosRage

In Runtime
Finally building a computer for myself It comes in on Monday :-D

Here are the parts

Crosshair IV Formula Motherboard
1090t 6 core AMD
4 gigs 1600 gskill ripjaw
750gb 32mb seagate hdd
Midsize thermaltake armor + MX ($50 off with processor combo)
5830 (got it for $200)

I got the parts in today and unluckily It wont boot. The DRam light stays on the Motherboard. For the board it goes through the process of of checking the cpu, dram, vga then boot. a light for both. Since its getting stuck on dram i receive no bios screen no nothing.

I'm going to try my friends ram from his computer tonight and hopefully it will work. If not I may have gotten a bad motherboard i think :-(

Make sure you try just one stick at a time, and in different slots.

i tried and got nothing. still the same dram error sadly. tried every slot on the board. two diff stick and nothing

buddie is on his way now going to pull a stick out of his comp so we will see. i really don't want to take it apart again

buddie is on his way now going to pull a stick out of his comp so we will see. i really don't want to take it apart again

Got everything working.

One thing I am amazed about is how cool the new chip runs.

It is overclocked to 3.74
I am getting.
21-22c (idle surfing web)

49-50c (running prime

That is with the stock heat sink

Got everything working.

One thing I am amazed about is how cool the new chip runs.

It is overclocked to 3.74
I am getting.
21-22c (idle surfing web)

49-50c (running prime

That is with the stock heat sink

its at 3.9 right now room is pretty warm, and still decent temps for it

stock cooler
overclocked to 3.9
idle 30c
54-55c with full load for 30min

What do you guys think?

Stress Test it with LinX, select the "ALL" button, set it to run for 75 minutes and then hit start :D

LinX

linxo.jpg

Stress Test it with LinX, select the "ALL" button, set it to run for 75 minutes and then hit start :D

LinX

linxo.jpg

Running it now, but what i was useing for temperature was AMD Overdrive and Linx Errors when i had it with it. When i tried to install speedfan it would not tell me the temps of all my cores i dont think it supports my processor yet so i dont know what to use as a temp gauge besides overdrive.

Try CoreTemp as it was just updated (4/26/2010) to support new and future AMD and Intel CPUs

Core Temp

And LinX could be erroring because the CPU needs more volts

Try CoreTemp as it was just updated (4/26/2010) to support new and future AMD and Intel CPUs

Core Temp

And LinX could be erroring because the CPU needs more volts

increased my voltage a little bit and will see what happens

Room got pretty warm because of no AC but here is results. It is currently 28-29 idle in warm room

CompInfo.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom