Helppppppp

Status
Not open for further replies.
yeah thats a voltage adjuster... in asia and europe ppl have a lot less current going thru the power lines unlike here in northamerica... so to compensate their appliances and everythign run on 230V lines instread of our 120V and 115V lines... i think that extra voltage mite have done something to your parts

smoke was coming from a wire..the spdif wire i think it is..goes from mobo to the dvd
i just took it out..otherwise everything is fine, and cool..cpu and mobo look and feel fine..cool to the touch

smells like burnt rubber or plastic..the heatsink of the wire is a little melted but thats it

I will have to agree with some people here, it could be the RAM. When my celeron PC had the RAM not seated properly, it would not even boot up. It worked beforehand great, then, after the RAM was seated properly, booted right up no prob.

Oh, yeah, smoke is not good, you could have done more damage than you think.

Anyways, just TRY the RAM, get a cheap baby stick of 256 and try it out, just to make sure. It will not hurt to try, and it will rule out a very possible cause.

my PC has not booted a couple of times because my RAM wasn't pushed in properly
it needs RAM or it won't POST. some systems (like yours obviusly) will just not power on at all without RAM

I'm glad people agree with me about the RAM, but by the looks of things......you've fried an important component and thats why your PC is not booting

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom