Temp Help

Status
Not open for further replies.
Everything looks good except for that one value. I'd say HW Monitor is reading the sensor incorrectly.

Set your cpu to it's default speeds and volts and see if that value changes. If it drops down to a normal temperature then slowly start increasing your speeds and voltage again but this time see if you can determine at what speed and or voltage setting is causing the spike in temperature.

It was like this at stock speeds and values because this was one of the first things I checked out as soon as I got the motherboard installed. I think it must be an incorrect value. There is an update for the bios on my MB but I dont really know how to go about installing it. Can someone give me a basic rundown on how to go about a bios update to see if this fixes the problem.

I see a utility called eJIFFY that ECS recommends using to flash your bios. But I'm not really sure how it works. It's a Linux based utility so you won't be flashing from within Windows, which is good. But I can't give you any instructions.

I recommend creating a Bootable Flash Drive and following the instructions in this .pdf file :D

http://www.ecs.com.tw/extra/flashutl/afuusb.pdf

I need to update my sig on here cause now I am running an MSI 750 g55 like it says in the first post in this thread. and I tried using msi's live update tool and it did nothing

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom