Question About Hard Drive & Windows 7

Status
Not open for further replies.

Whirlwind

Fully Optimized
Hey guys....right now i have an 80GB HD with XP installed on it....this drive is just for my operating system and I have another HD with all my games and other stuff on it....it is partioned into 3 drives.

My question is.......can I reformat my 80 GB HD and install windows 7 64 bit on it.....and leave my other HD the way it is and do nothing to it.....and will everything work ok?

Also is 80 GB enough space for windows 7.

Thanks for any help.

80gb is enough for win 7, and you can install it without tampering with the other partitions, but if you was running games or.software off the other partitions they will not work because you have a new regiristry so the programs will not work.

you might to consider buying another harddrive and install windows 7 on that drive and then it will dual boot options. with windows 7 it will its easy. no wierd issues like vista. i have my computer that way now. three harddrives. one HD with XP , one HD with win7 and one hardrive as storage.

80gb is enough for win 7, and you can install it without tampering with the other partitions, but if you was running games or.software off the other partitions they will not work because you have a new regiristry so the programs will not work.

Thanks.....thats what I wanted to know

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom