Temp Help

Status
Not open for further replies.

blasterfreak88

Baseband Member
Today I installed my new MSI 750-G55 and new DDR3 Corsair RAM and after I got it all installed and windows reactivated I opened up HW Monitor and under the section labeled temps there is one called TMPIN2 and it is at 115C which I am not sure is correct because nothing feels that hot in the case. Does anyone know what sensor this is and why it might be that hot or is it wrong
Thanks

I think you have a fried sensor. I've read around, and that is a sensor on your northbridge. It is meant to be hot. It runs 3/4 of the processes on your pc. Although, I've seen people have it at mid-30C temps. I do not have a sensor on my board. Unless you have problems with your computer, I wouldn't worry about it.

Look into what M&M says also keep in mind it maybe a somewhat a easy fix, look into updating your mobo with a new bios update.
Also login at the post screen and go into cmos and check your tempature to make sure everything is fine.
You have a tri-core like a do and there is no way in **** that Phenom ii X3 should be at around 115c otherwise your pc would have sounded off a alarm and quickly shut off before you kill that cpu.

My normal temps with my athlon ii x3 idles at 34c stable not unless my room is warm.
If your bios says your tempature is above 70c, I swear by the moon and stars shut off your pc and make sure the thermal grease is set right and make sure that heatsink is fastened on to the mobo correctly.
I almost killed my old phenom x3 like that because the heat sink came loose and the tempaturers sky rocketed like mad.

I watch the temps pretty closely on my machine and the CPU temp at idle with it overclocked is only at like 28C and I went into the bios to check out the temps too and everything in there shows in the 30's but when I open up speedfan or hwmonitor it shows this one with the 100 something. I might try the msi live bios update thing today. Has anyone ever used that and does it work well?

what is Tjmax sorry about such stupid questions. I had never even thought of building my own pc until a few months ago and before that all I had was a crappy hp laptop. Thanks for the help. I did try the msi live bios update and it just sat there and said loading for over an hour so i stopped it because it didnt appear to be doing anything

Tjmax, as far as I understand it, is the multiplier for temperatures, the higher the Tjmax, the higher the temps get.

When we say the idle temp for a CPU in idle is ~50C, we are referring to Tjmax of 100.

In your Bios, where it says CPU Temperature, if only one value is given then that is the cpu "Socket" temperature not the temperature of the CPU Cores. Your CPU is a X3 model which means 3 cores or 3 different temperature values. Post a screenshot of the HW Monitor window so we can see all the values.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom