Need some quick feedback on this system.

Status
Not open for further replies.

jfenwick

Fully Optimized
Hey, my first AM3 build due to budget constraints could not go i5.

Motherboard: GA-790XTA-UD4
RAM: OCZ OCZ3G1333LV4GK 4GB DDR3 2X2GB DDR3-1333 PC3-10666 CL 9-9-9-20
PSU: OCZ ModXStream 600W
CPU: X3 435
HDD: Western Digital Caviar Black 500GB
GPU: EVGA GTS 250 1GB

Some notes: Have to go with an nvidia card as the software they're using has issues with ATI cards. Currently the 435 here is cheaper than the 425. PSU is on sale dirt cheap. Really looking for info on the RAM. BTW, no overclocking on the system.

Let me know what you think, need to pull the trigger later today.

why you going with a gts 250...kind of underwhelming, and you said your going to be scalling back your folding ,so maybe just use one of those gpus man.

As for the ram, i would go with 1600.

The gpu was bassed on budget, is for the local church here so no used parts, all new bundle deal. I originally wanted to put the 5770 in it but suposedly the software they use to manage their music has issues witth ATI cards.

Agreed on the RAM, how about these:

NCIX.com - Buy Corsair XMS3 CMX4GX3M2A1600C9 4GB DDR3 2X2GB DDR3-1600 CL 9-9-9-24 Core i5 Dual Channel Memory Kit - CMX4GX3M2A1600C9 In Canada.

edit: should have mentioned they need multiple pci-e slots for additional video outputs down the road.

edit2: could go for the GA-MA790GPT-UD3H for $20 less

ohhhh, i thought you were building a personal computer.

yes that ram is good. I can vouch for the Corsair XMS3 line, as i have some in my folding rig, they are reliable, and oc fairly well. (i know your not ocing, just saying)

Yeah, i think the 260 is overkill for them, they are planning to add another card next year when they set up a second projector, nothing too graphicly intense.

Too late, button has been pushed....atleast it will last for years. Just wondering if in hindsight i should have gone with something like that and the X4 combo instead. Heavier on the cpu than the gpu. Eventually they want the option to run 2 projectors, the multimedia booth comp and a hallway 32" tv from the same system.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom