Mobo that supports AMD new cpu 6core need help

Status
Not open for further replies.
maybe with this board
Gigabyte Technology GA-MA790X-UD4P 790X 4DDR2-1333 UD3 1394 2PCIEX16 4PCIE 2PCI 6RAID Gbe 12USB

specs
GA-MA790X-UD4P (rev. 1.0) - GIGABYTE - Support&Download - Motherboard - CPU Support List

it supports ddr2 and xfire, and it says it will support the 1055t and 1035t, but the 1090t isn't listed. so idk if maybe you want to keep an eye on this mobo, maybe with another bios update it will support it.

I will keep an eye on this one, I just sent gigabyte a message and asked them if it will get a update to support it, so we shall see. In the mean time my search continues lol

you can use a single ati card fine, just that you won't be able to xfire another card because it has an nvidia chipset.

maybe you could wait a little while and see if more mobos will support it with a bios update. they did only recently just become available. just a thought.

Are you talking about your board? If the motherboard doesn't have dual power planes, you'll be waiting for ever on those BIOS updates.

I have no idea what dual power planes are used for? From what I understand it's used for sending different voltages to different parts of the CPU. And used for Cool'n'Quiet? Anyone care to elaborate on what the dual power planes are, and how you can determine whether or not your board has a single or dual?

Socket AM2+ - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
It seems all am2+ carry dual power planes, one for the CPU and another for the memory controller inside. However AM2 only had one. Going by what wikipedia says all am2+ motherboard should have dual power lanes for native am2+/am3 cpu support. Unless some better regulated boards have dual power lanes for only the CPU core, But i think this would be an incompatibility issue at the hardware level?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom