Slows Down during games

Status
Not open for further replies.

badgerbadger

Beta member
Hi I've been looking around the web and I couldn't really find an solution to my problem. Basically i can run games like HoN, DoD source on Full setting and get a good frame rate 40ish, but after about 2-5 mins it stops running smoothly and slows down to 2-3 frame rates..and stays like that for a while. I do not get how I can run the game perfectly fine at those setting with no lag and great frame rates, only to have it slow down to 2fps...

Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Duo CPU T5750 @ 2.00GHz
nVidia GeForce 9700M GT
4 gigs of ram, vista

Ram and CPU usage stay the same before and after the event.
CPU0temp:82 C
CPU1temp:78 C
GPU temp: ~100 C

Bet you its your gpu temp.

You should used something like gpu-z which logs temp, and run it while you game. Run it till you lag then check your log.

nvidia throttles back around 110C, but my 9600m gt seems to slow down a bit lower, round 105C.

You're running really hot. You need to get some ventilation under it, to cool it off. I figure 5 minutes of gameplay could/would heat up a laptop pretty good, so yeah, you'll see a major performance decrease from throttling.

MY LAPTOP GETS HOT AFTER AND HOUR OF PLAYING TES 4 OBLIVION AND THE ENTIRE LAPTOP FREZES AFER ABOUT 3 HOURS OF NONSTOP PLAY OF THAT GAME

PEOPLE THAT PLAYMOST OF THE NEWER GAMES THAT HAVE BIG SPECS NEED A COOLER PAD ON THE BOTTOM OR REGURLY PLACE YOUR HAND ON THE BOTTOM OF THE LAPTOP IF IT HURTS POWER IT OFF AND LET A FAN HIT THE BOTTOM FOR 15-30MIN THEN TRY AGAIN

ME PERSONALY I KEEP A FAN BLOWING ON MY LAPTOP AND I GOT 8HR NONSTOP (BEFORE I GOT BOARD) AND IT WAS RELATIVLY COOL AFTER

Please turn off caps lock. It is considered screaming online and it is very rude. People do not like to read posts that are in all caps and will just skip over such replies. Thank you.

skynet, please read the rules. No caps.

Secondly, do not expect to play the latest games on full. Fans or not, a laptop GPU will fail faster if at high temps then would a desktop GPU

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom