Computer Desk Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

MindoverMaster

Golden Master
Well, it is "Other Computer HW" You cant have a desktop without some table! Move it as you see fit.

Anywhoo, I have a desk from Ikea. I can't find the model, but here is a picture of it.

IMG_0617.jpg

It is simply a dust magnet. Just a few days, and so much dust is on it. I've seen products that can repel the dust. Do you have to reapply it every so often? It's a pain to remove everything from my desk. I want a quick, permanent solution.

Any options? I'm sure I can put saran wrap on it :lol:

foil_big.jpg

In all seriousness I have never used any dust repellent spray. I stay away from black as it shows dust too much.

Love Ikea though.

I wouldn't really trust any dust repellent spray either. I suspect that its more an issue of the color (black does show up dust much, much, much more.

However if it is a very dusty environment, I've seen some people use some electrostatic air filters (similar to the ones that people use to get pollen etc out of air for allergies). I'd be more concerned about dust in the air getting into my equipment than dust collecting on a desktop (which you can always wipe down)

Dust enters every case regardless.

I have seen that Oreck filter. Might be a solution. The only problem is, I have to find a space for it :p

Yes I agree, dust is everywhere and it will always find itself into a computer. I just raise the idea of one of those electrostatic filters for an very dusty environment (though it doesn't like that dusty from the photo).

Though now having a think about it, maybe a more practical solution isn't a dust repelling spray, or a fancy filter but simply one of those dust attracting dusters. Just give it a bit of a wipe every couple of days and its all good.

As a side note, it looks like your computer is on the floor so it can suck in a lot of dust...but at least its a normal tower case that you can open up and clean out. I've got one of the all in one imacs where you need special tools to open up (so now cleaning out dust for me!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom