NEED HELP FROM A TECH GURU - controlling two PC's simultaneously with a single mouse

Status
Not open for further replies.

rising_suns

Baseband Member
Hello!
I have a very unique application for my work. I need to control two PC's simultaneously with a single mouse.

Originally, I thought I could use a special USB cable (a "Y" cable with two males to one female), but I can't seem to find one. The closest I can find is what is called a Y Power Cable (which sometimes comes with external hard drives for extra power), but I don't think this will work for me.

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!

-

Re: NEED HELP FROM A TECH GURU - controlling two PC's simultaneously with a single mo

I suspect that what you are trying to do doesn't make sense, for example different screen resolutions would mean reaching the corners of the screen at different times and the invariably different layout/position of on-screen elements would mean that clicking one thing on one screen would mean clicking something else on the other.
If you explain why you wanted this, we will be able to suggest an alternative.

Re: NEED HELP FROM A TECH GURU - controlling two PC's simultaneously with a single mo

I suspect that what you are trying to do doesn't make sense, for example different screen resolutions would mean reaching the corners of the screen at different times and the invariably different layout/position of on-screen elements would mean that clicking one thing on one screen would mean clicking something else on the other.
If you explain why you wanted this, we will be able to suggest an alternative.

Well, I don't need to navigate on the screens. I just need the ability to hit the right- mouse button on both computers at once, which will initiate the same function simultaneously. This is for the business I own, and this will only be used in a processing line for this single function.

Alternatively, a keyboard can be used in place of a mouse. So if you know how I can control two PC's simultaneously with a single keyboard, I would appreciate any info you can provide.

(This is a very unique request I know, which is why I am here!
I know there must be a Tech Guru out there somewhere who will know a solution to this!)

Many thanks!

It might be useful to describe what type of software or operation your running on both machines to help people provide other suggestions.

But my feedback would be not to find a mouse/keyboard that can control two computers at once (doubt whether anyone has this as it would not make sense or be practical in 99.9% of cases), but rather look for some sort of software script or trigger that will set off the process on both computers at once.

Sounds like you want is a KVM switch. You can link 2 computers to 1 keyboard/mouse/monitor. However it's not going to allow you to do that sanctimoniously.

Sounds like you want is a KVM switch. You can link 2 computers to 1 keyboard/mouse/monitor. However it's not going to allow you to do that sanctimoniously.
This. I have never heard of controlling 2 PC at the same exact time. At least not outside of movies.

You could do like remote access, but then you are still only controlling 1 PC. Why must you control 2 at the same exact time? What purpose is it going to serve? Is it for a Demo or something?

We cant be of help if you only give us a glimpse of what your trying to do. We cant see what your trying to accomplish from this glimpse.

My application is this:

I have software that is able to control a digital SLR camera from a computer through a USB connection. The right-mouse button is used to trigger the camera shutter.

Currently, I have two cameras, each hooked into separate computers, with the software on both machines. I need for both cameras to trigger both shutters at the same time when the operator hits a single button.

Hope this helps!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom