Need help finding a good deal for a laptop!

Status
Not open for further replies.

kenny536

Baseband Member
Hi,

I live in America. I am looking for a laptop/notebook computer. My price range is 500-1000. I don't want a Mac, and I don't want overheating to be an issue.

I will not be using it for gaming, so I do not want to spend a lot of extra money on unnecessary graphics cards – however, I do enjoy watching movies so I do want a decent video card and a pretty good audio card.

I want it to have great processing power, ram, etc. (so I can multi-task).

I want it to have a fairly high battery life.

I want it to be compatible with Windows 7, but having Windows 7 pre-built is not necessary.

I want to have a pretty good resolution, but I do not want to overspend for the best and highest resolution.

For screen size, I do not want anything larger than 15.4 inches; I want the laptop to be very portable and durable.

I want a built-in microphone, but Bluetooth and a camera are not necessary.

A 2 year warranty would be nice.

Nothing else is really of any importance, at least not that I can think of right now.

I need advice on which laptop to get, and where to get it. Money is an issue, I just want the biggest bang for my buck.

Thanks!

I assume at the end you mean "Money isn't an issue" :p

Every laptop from 2005 should be compatible with Windows 7

I would recommend getting it from Newegg, they have good prices, but do not pay attention to the crappy reviews.

For brand, I would recommend ASUS or Toshiba.

Somone else here can strike up a good combination for you.

Hi there,

Based on your specs, you should take a look at the Toshiba Satellite E205-S1904. It has 4GB of RAM and plenty of storage. It also runs on a 2.2 GHz Intel Core i5-430M processor so it will be fast and efficient. It should meet most (if not all) of your requirements. You can view the rest of the specs on a laptop recommendation tool called PC Scout. You may also want to look around at the other options in your price range to see if there may be a laptop even better suited to your needs.

Let me know what you think of the Toshiba and I can make a couple other suggestions.

Cheers,
Isabella
MSFT Windows Outreach Team

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom