x700xt vs 6600GT

Status
Not open for further replies.
lol the 6800s are in a higher class than the x700 series.. heres the break down:

the high end cards are as follow.. the x800 series for ati and the 6800 series for nvidia

the mainstream (or less priced but still the best bang for the buck) cards are the x700 series for ati and the 6600 series for nvidia...

so any of the high end card will outperform the mainstream cards... so kepe the 6800 and give him the x700xt lol... hope i explained it clearly enuff :)

Bah, man I hate these kind of threads. It always boils down to personal prefs. You can't go by what a benchmark on a website says cause your system isn't exactly what they are running. Cards will perform different on different systems.

When it comes to bang for ur buck ati never fails, except the x300 and the x600.

Must have been the 6600 vs the X600 I saw or something because they said the 6600 vs that was nothing. the 6600 beat it in every aspect and this wasn't benched just off doom. People are basically saying now that the 6800 = Doom3 only and ATI = Every game you could possibly want.

Come on now people that's just ridiculous. If you really want to find out which card is better then get a better job, buy both, and see which one runs better in your system. Just like I think it was beedub who said his friends system with theeee 9800PRO? I think it was completely kicked the sh!t out of his system with the X800 Pro and they had damn near identicle systems. Dude with 9800 pro could run ultra settings everything on, AA 2x blah blah perfect framerate while beedub couldn't. I think when it comes out I'm going to look into getting the 6600 but I will look into what ATI has to offer before I just rush to buy it.

I've never bought an ATI card though so I'm a bit nervous about a transition :p I know nothing of ATI and it's drivers and all that stuff sooo I try to keep my opinion of both cards in the middle now instead of just completely praising one over the other.

ATI's X600 Pro offers 256MB of Memory, but I don't think any of the 6600's offer 256MB's. So theres something to factor in.

lol the memory plays a very small role... there is in fact a base 6600 model out rite now for pci-e with 256mb of memory... but the x700xt and the 6600gt both offer 128mb of DDR3 memory... BIG performance increase :)

EDIT: and nubius i love these kinds of threads... cuz it gives ppl an opputurnity to rant and flame.. so ppl.. flame away i say :)

no one here is flaming. we are all good educated ppl and know how to state our opinions. so u guys say that i keep the 6800 even though it is te regular 128mb version? okay, and is the x700 and the 6600 both on pci e cuz my bro and myself dont have mobos that support pci e.

yes right now theyre only on pci-e.. and that flame comment was just sarcasm :p lol... but theyll be out on agp by christmas shopping time so just wait about a month more :)

when you compare something like the 256 MB DDR x600 Pro to the 6600GT u cant possible make an acruate comparison.. like i said when u have 256MB of DDR memory over the 6600GT which has 128MB of DDR3 memory the ddr3 memory will win out.. and also you cant compare the two gpus together either even if u take the base 6600 256MB DDR and u match it up against a card like the x600 PRO the 6600 will win out easily.. because of the quality of the gpu.. the x600 PRo is like the cheap card for pci-e (kind of like the ati 9200s are now for agp)... the x600 line only has 4 pixel pipelines and i believe only 2 vertex pipes... while the 6600 has an 8 pixel pipe layout and 3 vertex pipes... so even if you take the extra 256 MB of memory into account you're still looking at a MUCH inferior card to the 6600 series

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom