Release dates for Geforce 6600 GT's???

Status
Not open for further replies.
well then they aren't 'technically out' because there's a lot more AGP users that want to know than PCI-E

nonono im after a computer than can beat any other computer.. hands down.. u name the event... even mud wrestling ;) just pick a time and place :D lol... lol that was sarcasm... id have to agree with raekwon tho... the 6600s and the x700s will have the best bang for buck... altho i would SERIOUSLY suggest the x700XT over the 6600GT... its just a better performer in all games and tasks (except for doom 3.. but think about it ur not going to give up the experience of 50 other games just for one)... and now im seriously starting to think that the 6 series is way overhyped because of its performance with doom 3... once ati has its drivers sorted out i think the x series will be at par of ahead of the 6 series :)

they are gonna be great best bang-for-buck, which, ultimately is what we are all after

I agree with that also.

And Silver...I was reading an article that said ATI was going to release an X600 I thought not X700 but I'm not 100% sure I was just asking, but the article I read said the 6600 completely dominates the X600 in every aspect. Even if they had the 4 extra pipelines that the 6600 has over the X600 it still wouldn't make up for the lack of performance. Thought that that was pretty interesting.

I will agree though it seems like ATI will perform better once they release a stable set of drivers, but this kind of basically just shows what I said was true in the beginning. I think ATI Rushed out a card to compete with the 6800, but it didn't help in that doom and nvidia basically shook hands in agreement to make the 6800 seem like the optimum choice.

When it all boils down to it, both cards are going to be insane and give you great performance. Everyones systems vary's so benches really tell us nothing. Unless you're writing an article and have two of the exact systems then coming to these forums and boasting your card is better over this guys really does nothing.

Personally I think the 6600 like I said and raekwon first said will be the best bang for the buck and hell might even outperform the 6800 128mb, I really wouldn't be surprised at that at all.

lol the x600 is like ati's pussy (am i allowed to use that word? :confused: lol) pci-e card... their midrange card is the x700xt that matches up with the price of the 6600GT... but yeah in all the benchmarks run by hothardware.com the x700xt won about 80% of them... and when the 6600GT won it didnt win by much... just that the 6600GT totalled the x700xt in doom 3.. but with 1600x1200 resolution with aa and af on the x700xt pulled ahead slightly at about 32 fps... and also on top of that the x700xt has 3 more vertex pipes than the 6600GT and the new feature of ati's drivers called the "A.I." feature helps tremendously with aa and af on in most games.. it optimizes performance WITHOUT taking away any image quality :)... ati is working on optimizing this feature and working mroe on the open gl aspect of their drivers... because with the current drivers i think wed all agree that neither the x700 or the x800 series is being used to their FULL potential... but yeah, and the benchmarks speak for themselves (hothardware.com).. the x700xt is superior to the 6600GT... and i think that the 6 series is SERIOUSLY overhyper just because of it's performance with doom 3 :)... the x800 series and the x700 series arent far behind and theyll be up too par in no time at all :)

I think ATI and Nvidia like to screw people. They release their top of the line card and everyone goes to buy it for $500, lots of advertising and 2 months later they release their midlevel/budget cards and then the people that bought their cards for 500 go DOH! I could've had almost the same power for half the price!

I know thats life and they're trying to make money but I don't like it!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom