Temperature Sensor (hardware)

Status
Not open for further replies.

MindoverMaster

Golden Master
As I can not find a software temperature sensor for my SSD, I'm looking into a hardware sensor that fits in a bay in the front of the case.

(Unless there is software for this, please point the way)

All that I have seen are fan controllers. The temperature sensors that I have seen are expensive.

Any ideas here?

As I can not find a software temperature sensor for my SSD, I'm looking into a hardware sensor that fits in a bay in the front of the case.
Any ideas here?

Software would have to imply that your SSD has an onboard temp sensor which AFAIK most harddrives and SSDs do not.

I found some bay-fitting temp sensors using google shopping:

Amazon.com: Aerocool Touch 1000 LCD panel - 5.25", 4 Temp/4 fan, Color, 4x heat sensors, 4x 3-pin connectors: Electronics

That one is $45 so that may be a little on pricey side or not. I did see some others that were cheaper and were out of stock. Just like you said avoid a fan controller because these will come with little probes you can superglue or affix in some way to the hottest part on your SSD.

Yeah. I guess I can just leave it as is. All my other components in my case are cool. I should expect that the SSD is cool as well.

All of my "regular" hard drives have temperature sensors (Seagate and Western Digital). Hardware Monitor will report a temperature if a sensor is present. My OCZ Agility doesn't report a temperature thou it shouldn't get hot. It has no moving parts like a regular drive, think of a SSD as a giant flash drive, have you ever felt a flash drive get hot?

Yes, all my SATA drives have Sensors. Just the SSD doesn't. I have felt some pen drives warm, but not to the extreme of SATA temps.

If your even the least bit concerned you can always hook a fan to it like I did.
Newegg.com - Scythe KAZE JYU SLIM SY1012SL12L 100mm Case Fan

agility13.jpg

agility14.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom