My CPU is running a bit toasty

Status
Not open for further replies.
lol, i hate dust, and snce i have carpet it's really bad. For my new build since it takes from bottom (rv02) i've got a friend cabinet maker to make a small platform to hold it about 10cm from the ground and prevent alot of dust coming in from the bottom.

nice job :D lol, gotta remember to not get lazy with the cleaning :p
It's surprising how much even a thin layer of dust can impede cooling.

Yeh i have carpet to, and no offence to the mother but she's not the best duster in the world :p

I need to devise a dust filter that doesn't impede airflow.

Yeh i have carpet to, and no offence to the mother but she's not the best duster in the world :p

I need to devise a dust filter that doesn't impede airflow.

Sooner or later every dust filter will impede the airflow, unless you clean it regularly.

I recommend making your filters out of panty hose, if you shop around you can find a lot of colors.

Sooner or later every dust filter will impede the airflow, unless you clean it regularly.

I recommend making your filters out of panty hose, if you shop around you can find a lot of colors.

Sure thats what you use them for? lol. I get bad about it but if you take a can of air or air compressor about once a week. Your computer can do wonders. it only takes a matter of a few minutes a week if you do it regularly.

I have a small portable air compressor, canned air gets expensive. But even still, the fans I have filters for still look brand new while the fans that don't have filters still require wiping to look as good.

ffs lol, THAT's one thing I forgot to put on that rant list. Canned air. If you buy it, I will pull it from your hands and lob it at you :grin:

but seriously...don't.

the tjmax of the Q9550 is supposed to be 95ºC
check if Real Temp is using that number for tjmax (it could be using a value of 105, which would report 10ºC hotter than it atually is)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom