Overclocked the 9600 Pro

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hinrichisgod

In Runtime
Okay I overclocked my 9600 Pro last night and got the core to 438 and the memory to 243 with it running without any artifacts on 3dmark03.

I've seen though that some have pushed the 9600 Pro way past these speeds, for example, HardOCP oc'ed their to:

core: 567
mem: 357.75

http://www.hardocp.com/article.html?art=NDY0

My question is this: How can they push their so far without any artifacts and I can't get mine past 438/243 without seeing artifacts?? I soppose this has to do with cooling. As of right now, I only have the stock cooling on the card along with a slot cooler directly below it. Anybody know?

Yea the water cooling really help, the lower the temp, the better you'll be able to oc your card in most cases.. sometimes it's just that card has limits, every peice of hardware is different ya know

Yeah I understand...It just that its hard to believe that I can't even get past 438/243 and they're all the way to 567/357.75....

Ok..... Ive never heard of that so it must be offbrand. Just get some diff cooling. If you get Active cooling then put AS5 on it.

Listen to what fan boy said:

Just get some diff cooling. If you get Active cooling then put AS5 on it.

Get a better cooler. Ag3 can tell you the Arctic Iceberg Cooler Rev 3 I think it is specifically for ATI cools wonderfully.

Beyond that, I was noticing that the core is higher than the memory. On my card and every other Nvidia card I've seen or had, the memory has always been higher than the core. Is this one of the big differences between Nvidia and ATI? Does anyone know anything about that or am I just crazy?

i think it has to do with the fact that its ddr ram (double rate) so i think u just times that value by two and ull get the actualy speed of the memory :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom