T-F funding

I will state this, from experience from another forum.

Dodgeintrepid.net, great site, it's a car forum, used to be like this forum, hardly ANY adds EVER if you signed in, but guests always saw adds every few posts, on the top, and side.

Well, a new owner bought it, unpaid members, had the same amount of adds as guests, but to get them removed a member had to pay $30 a year to remove them. Needless to say, the site has become deserted, I know of plenty of other sites that did die out due to those reasons.

But, a subscription system for paid members would be nice to see, possibly special considerations for signatures, or avatar sizes, along with a special status?

I know if subscriptions are high enough, TF can order 2gb, or 4gb flash drives in bulk with the TF logo and address on them and give one to each NEW subscribed member, heck, even a decal to put on the side of a PC would be nice in return for subscriptions.

ALSO, ads, very rarely EVER cause a surplus in money for a websites owner, that money, usually, ends going back into it with new vB software, or new servers, the person, of sites like this, generally pay the cost out of there pocket in order for a community such as ours, to exist. (This is just what I generally know of and see, I do not know how TF operates what so ever.)

I run hostbots online for a few games, 24/7 for FREE, I am one of the few in my gaming community that even offers this service for free, but I still advertise other sites to help keep my bots running so a community, of people that play lesser known games can exist.

I'd gladly pay for something like a Tech-Forums bumpersticker or a lanyard or something like that. That would be sweet :D

making a profit off these items is prolly hard to do. However, you do it to increase brand recogition which leads to increased traffic and hopefully, revenue, w00t!

It really isn't meant as a means of making profit, but to help pay for the site, the members can pay back, while the site gives us a community to be a part of.

No Trotter is undoubtedly the TF god, larry is a spectral entity we are trying to get visiting more often by offering him After 8 Mints - it was in the last staff memo.

But seriously, TF earns enough to pay for it's self.

Back
Top Bottom