Comp won't start.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Abstract Hero

Hyper Techie
My rig won't start with the P4 ATX connector in. I press the power and the fans twitch and stop after maybe one rotation and lights don't flicker. BUT if i take the p4 out (after unplugging the power supply and getting a fresh charge) the fans start and the hdd and power lights stay on but not the case lights that are plugged into and auxiliary fan and of course the cpu wont start. Is it the motherboard? Its not the PSU i swapped it out for another and it did the same so i swapped it back. I also tried just the motherboard with NOTHING ATTACHED only mobo and psu and the same happened.

I guess i know its the motherboard but i want to be positive.:umm:

You need the P4 connected.

Did you try resetting BIOS by taking the large watch battery out? Wait a few minutes and put it back in.

Make sure all connections are tight.

I know i need the p4 but its part of the symptoms that when its unplugged more happens than when its plugged. I had just reset the bios to fix another problem not even 24hrs before this one but i'll try again.

Sounds like the power connector on the MB is bad. You could test the power supply's voltage first to ensure it is giving the proper amount of juice. I agree with you though, if you've already swapped with a known working PSU and it still is going this then your motherboard is probably the culprit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom