Why Is Microsoft So Successfull

When you die, do you want your computer to be burried with you?

• Yes, cool!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No, I will get a new comp in heaven/hell

• Just as long as I'm not a hardware doner

• No, shipping would cost too much

• Other (Please post)

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think the one thing that has made me stick with Microsoft is that when I went to school, I was able to buy the newest office suite for $90 through the Microsoft Select Licensing agreement. Since MS was so widely available to students, it became the program of choice. Since new graduates are comfortable and proficent with Microsoft products it reduces training time of new hires if you stick with the same programs.

As long as Microsoft keeps the education market, they will keep the business market and therefore the home market (since who wants to learn more than one operating system if you don't have to?).

Hey...if yer competitors can't come up to snuff...tough beans.

Perhaps instead of playing the anti-MS racket and focusing on mainframe-age interaction, they should have pushed on into innovating areas of computing, focused more on marketing and getting to the general masses, etc...

They hijack the market 10 years ago
Let's see...the first Windows was released in 1983 (1985 if you count public shelves).

That would mean 10 years ago (1994) we were using Windows NT 3.5.

Huh...I didn't know Windows NT 3.5 "hijackED the market."

Explain to us how Windows NT 3.5 hijacked the computer market. I'm curious (as are probably others).

vance43211 said:
I was actually talking about win 95

I was rounding off years

remember netscape?

Microsoft had the market way before Windows 95. Windows 3.0 was the first popular version of Windows, and before that DOS was still the dominant operating system. Microsoft did, however, have competition back then in the GUI market from people like IBM with OS/2, GeoWorks Ensemble, etc.

they had the market, then they really got the market

then they took the market and destroy everybody else

I don't have anything against microsoft

I just don't like the things they implented in xp (tracking stuff)
Esp. SP2
and the fact you have to pay for each copy

do you know that longhorn is going to be leased to you?

why

ms is successful because bill gates is a marketing talent

ms is a failure where quality is concerned because bill gates dosent know a thing about how to create successful quality products and niether do his employees....walk into any "meetings" and you will know what i mean

the marketing dept at ms dictates terms...its not what you deliver ..its how fast and when.

Sucess is in the hands of the Achiever
"To dream anything that you want to dream - that's the beauty of the human mind. To do anything that you want to do - that is the strength of the human will. To trust yourself to test your limits - that is the courage to succeed .And thats What Bill Gates Did and Now v Know where he stands

they are always advancing in technology, great customer service, user friendly and lots of features.....

Oh bloody hell...here we go again. :wooha:
They should have flashlights for some of you guys so you don't have to bash in the dark.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Okay, let's talk....
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
vance43211 -
they had the market, then they really got the market

then they took the market and destroy everybody else
Sounds like standard business practice to me.
Anyone else know of a company whose policy it is to co-exist happily with major competitors?
vance43211 - I don't have anything against microsoft
Liar.
vance43211 - and the fact you have to pay for each copy

do you know that longhorn is going to be leased to you?
You could lease Windows 95. Lots of companies lease Windows. Why should Longhorn be different? And if you don't like paying for new OS's, don't get a new OS. The MS programmers have to get paid somehow.

mayaseattle - ms is a failure where quality is concerned because bill gates dosent know a thing about how to create successful quality products and niether do his employees....walk into any "meetings" and you will know what i mean
Okay, first off, Bill-Gates doesn't design jack anymore. He's a disconnected figurehead of a company he's practically retired from, and has been for years. Get off it.
And where the hell do you get the notion that MS doesn't produce "successful" products? I suppose .NET, Outlook, MS-Exchange Server, Visual Studio, MDAC, etc, weren't highly successful? Better go tell the millions of devs and techs who use them.
Kevz - Sucess is in the hands of the Achiever
Seriously. If other OS makers were so much better, so much more compatable, innovative, creative, user-friendly, industry-recognized, and deployable, they would be grabbing the user/corporate market.

Funny...In 21 years, they STILL haven't come up to snuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom