CPU overheating

Status
Not open for further replies.
I only have bios 1.0.

However, I'm hesitant to update bios only as a last resort (I'm worried I might mess something up).

Is there anything else I might consider?

Well I'm thinking the bios update may allow your cpu to be properly recognized as a quad core and allow you to correctly monitor the temperatures.

I'm also thinking you maybe experiencing a loss of performance you never knew you had. If the monitoring program is failing to see 4 cores then what else is failing to see all 4 cores and use them.

The possibilities are endless, I would update it. I update my Bios quite frequency, here's a pic of the bios updates I flashed to, I have more than one PC.

updatesg.jpg

Alright, so I did some research and determined that the cpu core temp is the actual temperature sensor inside the chip, and the temperature within each core should be about the same due to their close proximity. I used CPUID to verify this.

1zyalgh.jpg

So it seems the high temperature isn't coming from the CPU(relief). But something is heating up... what other component could get really hot? It seems like only the cpu and gpu should get hot...

The Mosfets, also know as the Voltage Regulator.

I just looked at a picture of your mobo, the MSI NF980-G65. The Mosfets are are located under the heatsink that says "140W CPU Ready".

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom