HP Lapto Issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

ZorrosRage

In Runtime
I have been working on an windows XP HP laptop for someone. From what i could tell the hard drive went out on it.

It would have issues booting at all and when it did I would get blue screen whenever i would try to boot it.

After testing the hardware i found out the hard drive was failing whenever i tried a hard drive test. No other components failed.

I figured easily solution replace the hard drive. After replacing the hard drive the same issues comes up where it does not want to even boot to bios i would have to try to boot it multiple times before bios would appear. I put Windows xp on the laptop because it was previously on there and had no issues with it downloading or installing software after it booted.

I just recently gave the laptop back, and the same day he tried to rip a cd it received a memory cache error and turned off very quickly he stated.

If it gave the BSOD you should be able to determine the cuase of failure (or most likely component) from there.

Also most BSOD will do a memory dump with which you can read and it too will give you the cause of the crash.

If it gave the BSOD you should be able to determine the cuase of failure (or most likely component) from there.

Also most BSOD will do a memory dump with which you can read and it too will give you the cause of the crash.

Yah Im going to see what is is again hopefully this weekend I will probably get it back from him. Before the blue screen was just the HDD failing which i replaced. Now I'm not even sure if its giving a blue screen he just said it gives an error and turns off instantly and you can barley read the error.

By any chance do you know what would cause the boot issues?

Yah Im going to see what is is again hopefully this weekend I will probably get it back from him. Before the blue screen was just the HDD failing which i replaced. Now I'm not even sure if its giving a blue screen he just said it gives an error and turns off instantly and you can barley read the error.

By any chance do you know what would cause the boot issues?

Is it giving the BSOD for a few seconds before turning off? IF so try to boot into safemode and change the system recovery option to 'automatically reboot' on system failure.

IF it isn't giving a BSOD what is the error?

Edit: Also should note if it was saying the hard drive was failing but you've replaced that and the issue persists after a fresh install - more than likely there is a driver conflict. When you do a fresh install without updating or installing anything does it work?

Is it giving the BSOD for a few seconds before turning off? IF so try to boot into safemode and change the system recovery option to 'automatically reboot' on system failure.

IF it isn't giving a BSOD what is the error?

Edit: Also should note if it was saying the hard drive was failing but you've replaced that and the issue persists after a fresh install - more than likely there is a driver conflict. When you do a fresh install without updating or installing anything does it work?

before i replaced the hard drive it wouldn't even boot at all. would blue screen as soon as the windows login thing came up. so i replaced the hard drive. re installed xp. now the errors above occur

Has it been dropped at all or received a large knock of some kind as if it has that may explain the HDD not working and there maybe some other components that have gotten broken?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom