Hard Drive Question

Status
Not open for further replies.
Best solution. Remove the hard drive. Put a new one in (35-75$) Reload the new drive. Then access the old drive ether by using a USB converter or putting it back in as a slave drive (or master if it is on a different bus) Works every time and the beauty is that you have a new (fresh) load on a brand new drive. Also if you mirror the old drive over to the new drive you have an instant backup. There are no right or wrong answers, only different solutions that may apply.

bigred1001

So just to clarify..sorry I just have tons of vids n music n games I don't wanna lose, I will format the SATA when I get it..dump all my stuff I want to keep on it..Unplug it from my Comp..Format my IDE..reinstall windows onto my IDE when thats all done, I'll re-plug in my SATA and be good to go...right?

That would be fine, you wouldn't even need to unplug the SATA when you format the IDE.

That would be fine, you wouldn't even need to unplug the SATA when you format the IDE.

Ok thanks....I just remember awhile ago, I thought the same thing, and I moved all my files to my 2 other Hard Drives, and formatted just the one for the system, but when everything was all said and done windows didn't recognize them so I figured I had to reformat.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom