help plz

Status
Not open for further replies.

rawad

Beta member
hey guys i costumised my incoming pc with the following specs :

processor : intel core i7 920 2.66 ghz 8 mb cache ( if possible overclock to 3.0 ghz )
generic pc cooler for s1366 ( i know its crap but the budget is too :p )
mother board : Asus p6t SE s1366 core i7
memory : DDR3 1600 MHZ 2x2 GB corsair XMS3 dual channel
hard disk : Hitachi deskstar 500 GB 7200 RPM 32 MB SATA 2
vedeo card : Asus HD 5830 1GB GDDR5 DX11 ( willing to overclock it with the asus program to 800 mhz core clock to 900 MHZ and memory clock from 1000 MHZ to 1200 MHZ ( need ur opinion about that i never overclocked anything before )
sound card : on board 7.1 channel audio
disk+DVD reader : LG DVD+RW GH22LS50
chasis : Cooler Master HAF 932
power supply : OCZ gmaexstream 600w ( dont know how much i really need )

so what do u guys advice me to do ? which power supply i need and what u think about the pc :) ?

i know its not top gaming pc but what i need is just a good one

what do u think about the power supply would it be enough ?
‏2x2GB G.Skill ECO Edition Dual Channel ill buy this one , i cant buy another 2gb now but i will later
this pc is exactly on my budget in my country it costs 1615-1625$

For one card is more than enough. And for two cards I also think it will be enough.
Regarding the RAM remember that socket 1336 uses triple channel so you should RAM modules by multiple of three. So you should get 3x2GB to take advantage of the triple channel.

what do plan on using it for? wow, how did i miss the "gaming" part...

if you're going for a gaming build, you could get more performance if you were to downgrade the cpu to like an i5 750 and then upgrade the gfx card to a 5850.

either way, unless you find a deal or something with a 5830, i wouldn't suggest it. pricing wise, yes it's between the 5770 and 5850, but in reality its performance is a bit too close to a 5770 to justify it's higher price. IMO you should either save your money and get a 5770, or spend some more an a 5850.

an i7 isn't needed for gaming. i7's are a great multimedia and for things like encoding and stuff along that line. an i5 750 is an ideal gaming cpu. upgrade your gpu, it's more important for gaming. i'd go with a 650W power supply, they aren't a whole lot more and then if you want to crossfire your gpu in the future instead of buying a new graphics card for $300 to match the performance of a crossfire set up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom