computer freezes

Status
Not open for further replies.

monkeywithgirls

Solid State Member
hey i have a pentium 4 , 3.ghz processor computer with a 256mb ati radeon 9600 Xt graphics card and creative sound blaster audigy 24 bit sound,

i dont know what is wrong but when i play call of duty the computer freezes and it keeps making a bleepin noise, its sort of like a heart beat *dun dun dun*, i dont know what is wrong but if i play a dvd and move the window sometimes it also does the same thing freezes and makes a bleep. does anyone have any sujjestions what this cud be and how i can solve it as i cant play my game

cheers

i had a problem just like that....... took me a while to find out how to fix it.......... after years off attending college, i came up with the conclusion that placing a heater beside your computer will resolve the computer freezing issue....... i'm sorry i had to do it.

add another 256mb of ram

I assume you have an antivirus and firewall along with other software

xp + 2 extra program that didn't come on xp = add more ram

you need a minium of 512 for xp to operate

it will work with less, but not that good

it could not even be that... it could be you have faulty ram and that it cant execute the instrustions the cpu sends it properly... try replacing your ram with another stick and see what happens

yeh its coming from my stereo cause i conect that to my computer to give me a better sound,

what is that about hyper threading would that cause the problem

Hyper-Threading enables multi-threaded applications to execute threads in parallel.

So basically, it's like having 2 processors, but having a single chip operate like two separate processors without implementing two cores on one chip.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom