T-F funding

Waffle i dont share that information cause it isnt relevant to other to know. It isnt the right of the members of this site to know that we changes servers. It isnt a right of the members of this site to know how much, if anything, is made. I said it now cause you jumped to the conclusions that the site is supposedly making so much money. I am trying to point out the fact that the information that you so freely shared thinking was accurate was not.

Would you have even listened to me if i had said that information was not correct without saying anything more? No of course not. Which is why i went in depth to share the information as to why it wasnt accurate.

Now the information is known, but it is still very limited information. It isnt complete as to everything that has happened. It isnt complete knowing everything about the site, server it is hosted on, or anything else on that matter. I still have more information that i do know that i am not sharing cause it isnt my place to share it, just as it isnt the place of the members of the site to know it all.

I am not trying to pick a fight or anything at all either. I am merely trying to shed light on some facts that are not known. I am trying to show people here that the information presented isnt accurate and trying to give the accurate information. It is always what i try to do. Make sure that the information being shared is accurate.

Yeah it isnt fair of me to jump in and not give all the info. It isnt fair that i am correcting someone who doesnt know this info. but it also isnt fair for people to presume to think that the site is much better off than it really is. the information you shared about what the website makes was inaccurate and i would hate to see members or guests come by thinking that information is correct without any real proof.

I am merely trying to let it be known the real truth. Hate me for it or not, that is all i am trying to do.

I can tell you this... Larry could make a lot more on this site but chooses not to do so. Why? Because the membership don't want to be bombarded with ads. That's not to say that TF will always be devoid of advertising as there are many who would love to have the opportunity to advertise here. However if/when any additional ads are brought into TF it will be done in a manner than is non-invasive and does not interfere with the community.

Mak is correct in that we (the Admin team) do not and cannot divulge a lot of information about a lot of things. That's part of being management, but it is no fun. There have been things we were looking into that I personally would have loved to let the membership know about but couldn't. there are things right now that we are looking into that I would love to share but, again, I can't. the reasons for this are many and vary from one thing to the next, but part of it is that if we did disclose something and then it didn't happen people would be upset, or if it became known and did happen others would be upset about that.

As for donations/subscriptions to Tech-Forums we will see what comes about. It has been mentioned in passing and may very well come up again in the future. If anything develops I will be the first to post it up.

I will state this, from experience from another forum.

Dodgeintrepid.net, great site, it's a car forum, used to be like this forum, hardly ANY adds EVER if you signed in, but guests always saw adds every few posts, on the top, and side.

Well, a new owner bought it, unpaid members, had the same amount of adds as guests, but to get them removed a member had to pay $30 a year to remove them. Needless to say, the site has become deserted, I know of plenty of other sites that did die out due to those reasons.

But, a subscription system for paid members would be nice to see, possibly special considerations for signatures, or avatar sizes, along with a special status?

I know if subscriptions are high enough, TF can order 2gb, or 4gb flash drives in bulk with the TF logo and address on them and give one to each NEW subscribed member, heck, even a decal to put on the side of a PC would be nice in return for subscriptions.

ALSO, ads, very rarely EVER cause a surplus in money for a websites owner, that money, usually, ends going back into it with new vB software, or new servers, the person, of sites like this, generally pay the cost out of there pocket in order for a community such as ours, to exist. (This is just what I generally know of and see, I do not know how TF operates what so ever.)

I run hostbots online for a few games, 24/7 for FREE, I am one of the few in my gaming community that even offers this service for free, but I still advertise other sites to help keep my bots running so a community, of people that play lesser known games can exist.

I will state this, from experience from another forum.

Dodgeintrepid.net, great site, it's a car forum, used to be like this forum, hardly ANY adds EVER if you signed in, but guests always saw adds every few posts, on the top, and side.

Well, a new owner bought it, unpaid members, had the same amount of adds as guests, but to get them removed a member had to pay $30 a year to remove them. Needless to say, the site has become deserted, I know of plenty of other sites that did die out due to those reasons.

I can see why it died. Nothing like that will be happening here... not as long as I have any say in the matter. ;)

But, a subscription system for paid members would be nice to see, possibly special considerations for signatures, or avatar sizes, along with a special status?

I know if subscriptions are high enough, TF can order 2gb, or 4gb flash drives in bulk with the TF logo and address on them and give one to each NEW subscribed member, heck, even a decal to put on the side of a PC would be nice in return for subscriptions.

If anything like this happens it will be something similar to this. I dunno about swag and such, though. The idea has been mentioned and vB allows for it in the software. That's about as far as it has gone at this time and that was a while ago.

ALSO, ads, very rarely EVER cause a surplus in money for a websites owner, that money, usually, ends going back into it with new vB software, or new servers, the person, of sites like this, generally pay the cost out of there pocket in order for a community such as ours, to exist. (This is just what I generally know of and see, I do not know how TF operates what so ever.)

I run hostbots online for a few games, 24/7 for FREE, I am one of the few in my gaming community that even offers this service for free, but I still advertise other sites to help keep my bots running so a community, of people that play lesser known games can exist.

Advertising eventually hits a point where it hurts a site and begins to lose it money. Hopefully we will never get anywhere near that here.

Larry owns the site and only he knows the details, but TF apparently makes enough to pay for itself. TF is not Larry's only site, but it is the only one like TF he has. Larry is a smart guy and knows how to work websites and advertising.

This is Larry.

He is the owner of TF and all things related to it. Trotter, myself, Saxon and Hefe are just running the asylum while the warden is away taking care of his family life.

Thing of Larry as the TF God, mak, trotter, saxon are the angles, the rest of the mods, are just preachers. lmao. But it is nice to know, we won't ever see a heavily advertised site.

Back
Top Bottom