Building an i7 Computer and need help =)

Status
Not open for further replies.

_SomeOne_

In Runtime
Hello,

Well, at the moment i am on a course which im allowed to spend £1,000 on another course and £1,500 on equipment or a course. The course that im going to do is animation and they use Macs. To be able to spend the £1,500 on a computer it has to be related to the course im doing, so to spend all the money i would have to spend it on an iMac i7 4GB Ram 27" but the thing is i dont really like Macs for personal use. Im going to sell the boxed iMac so i have cash to spend on a custom computer. This is where you guys come into it :)

The thing im going to be using it for are;
Video Editting
Streaming Videos (HD)
Downloading
Rendering
PhotoShop
Surfing the Net
And playing high graphic games. I play an MMO and i run 10 of the game. With the PC i have now; Intel Core 2 Quad, 6GB Ram, GeForce 9800 GT 1GB DDR3 when i run 10 of them my PC becomes slow. I want to able to run maybe 15+ of the game and still be able to do other things on my PC as if the game wasnt even on. I also leave my PC on 24/7 so it has to stay cool(i make $$$ on the game) For your information the game is Silkroad Online.
You can skip the OS

So, i would need more ram and maybe a better graphics card (your the experts :smile:)
I dont mind if the case isnt that sexy :big_smile:

My price range is between £1,500 - £1,700. so around $2,300 - $2,600
BTW GUYS, i live in the UK so the price for computer parts (if i buy them in the uk) will cost more. Im not too sure how i should buy the parts, from the US or UK, what do you think?

Thank you.

Not sure about shops in the UK, but here are teh parts you'll want.

CPU: i7 920
Mobo: Asus P6T
GFX Card: 2x 5870 or 2x GTX 480
RAM: OCZ Gold 6Gb 1600Mhz
HDD: WD Blue 500Gb
Cooler: Core Contact or TRUE
OS: windows 7 premium (or home, depending on what you want to do)

I think that should come out close to ~$1500-1600ish. Complete guess tho.

chances are the MMO you are talking about doesn't support SLI/crossfire so all pressure will be put onto the one card, you may want to check this out with the developer of the game. I would probably advise grabbing a single 5970 with Saphs build.

EDIT: I think this game your referring to is web-based? If so, it's your CPU that would otherwise be slowing down from multiple instances, a single 5870/gtx 480 should be fine, grab that 920 and overclock it and you'll be good to go.

I think that should come out close to ~$1500-1600ish. Complete guess tho.

Thanks, but like i said the prices are higher in the UK.. and if i bought them from the US i would have to pay more for Postage

EDIT: I think this game your referring to is web-based? If so, it's your CPU that would otherwise be slowing down from multiple instances, a single 5870/gtx 480 should be fine, grab that 920 and overclock it and you'll be good to go.

It isnt web based, the game is 3.09 GB and while running 10 on the PC i have now my CPU Usage jumps from 70-100% and the Phyical memory jumps from 80-100%

search on youtube if you need to have a little look

Give me a store in the UK with an online catalogue and I'll find you what you need ;)

either that or pm Yamikotai for a good store.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom