Building my first gaming pc, HELP please

Status
Not open for further replies.

amdgamer

Solid State Member
OK guys so i have started to get interested in PC parts and games , so i have decided to make my own gaming PC please tell me if it is a good gaming setup for a beginner for me, in the future i will be making a better PC, OK so here are my parts that i am getting:

MOBO: ECS Elitegroup a785gm-m black edition
RAM: 4gb of ADATA gaming series @ 1333MHZ Timing (8-8-8-24)
CPU: AMD athlon ii x3 435 @ 2.9 GHZ
HDD: seagate Barracuda 7200 400gb

for right now ima have to stick to the igp of ATI RADEON HD4200 but im going to upgrade later on to a:

SAPPHIRE Radeon HD 5670 Arctic Cooling,

the igp isn't really meant for gaming, unless you play older games and/or on lower settings.

maybe if you got a dual core and 2gigs of ram instead, you could squeeze in a decent gfx card to game with. it would be better than the onboard.

well yeah, athlon ii tri > than athlon ii dual. but if you want a gaming rig, the gfx card matters more than the cpu.

gaming wise, a dual core with a decent gfx card would be better than your build with a tri core using the igp.

i'd go with an i5, ATI may be close to nvidia right now, but AMD is still far behind.

^^Umm no. Read the posts before starting intel/amd wars. AMD is far ahead in the budget category.

Could look at a 4850? You can get them for <$100 now and they're pretty solid cards. You also need a case, powersupply and OS to finish your build. Along with a dvd drive, unless you can canabilize one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom