Very Laggy PC!

Status
Not open for further replies.
You need to tell us what video card you have so we know if your memory is registering correctly.

That is to say that if you have a 64bit OS and a Graphics card of XXXMB memory, Windows must address that much in reserved space. This can make 4GB appear less than it is. However - I run a 768MB 8800GTX on a 32-bit Vista OS (don't ask) and my OS still shows 4.00GB RAM. Obviously this is incorrect. Windows 7 has fixed this issue (as well as Vista SP2 which I don't have - again don't ask) to my knowledge.

That said, run memtest ASAP, swap RAM, test it out.

And yes to concur with an earlier poster - heat absolutely can slow down a system as Intel chips for years have had speedstepping technology to protect the chips(as well as save power consumption).

You never said what OS you have. There must be a problem with your memory. As patonb suggested, run memtest.

I did say though that I had a x64 bit OS. I have already run mem test and it was fine, like I said I think I just need a bit more CPU power cause when I start multi tasking then thats when the problems start and the cpu usage gets higher.

do you defrag your hard drive regularly?

the laptop I tried recently... (underclocked dual core @ 1.3 Ghz) can browse the web just fine

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom