Can't find driver: SmBus Controller

Status
Not open for further replies.
what power supply? I would also double check cpu and gpu temps as it seems to crash after a period of load.

You can try running with the case open to see if that helps to narrow it down to a heat issue.

what power supply? I would also double check cpu and gpu temps as it seems to crash after a period of load.

You can try running with the case open to see if that helps to narrow it down to a heat issue.

Ah, I knew I forgot something. The PSU is an Antec EA650W and I'm using the Antec 300 case with it's four installed fans. I plan to add another in the slot next to the graphics card. I will try running it with case open to see what happens and I have speedfan installed now to keep an eye on the temperature.

What wattage PSU do you have?

I believe it's 650 watts. I am also going to run GPU-Z, with it set to report max temperatures, while I play TF2 or Crysis. During one 15-minute session of Team Fortress 2, the GPU max temp was 46c. It didn't crash this time, however. Also, the probem is not completely persistent... there are times when I can play a game for an hour or two without a crash.

Anyway, thanks again!

You should be able to find out the stop error code by looking in the Event Viewer which may help work out what's wrong.

You should be able to find out the stop error code by looking in the Event Viewer which may help work out what's wrong.

Thanks for the reply Fazza.

I will post the stop error code from Event Viewer as soon as I can figure out how to distinguish those from the other errors listed in the viewer.

Easiest thing to do is gauge the time when the BSOD occurred. I have found in Windows 7, the "serious error" recovery actually has detailed info in the event viewer.

Easiest thing to do is gauge the time when the BSOD occurred. I have found in Windows 7, the "serious error" recovery actually has detailed info in the event viewer.

Thanks! I am looking for it now. I appreciate the reply and the help.

I haven't had a BSOD crash in a few days, but programs keep crashing... namely hl2.exe and ie.exe. I have run programs to monitor the temps of my CPU and GPU, and they are both normal when an application crashes.

I also ran memtest and my memory seems to be fine. I'm kind of at a loss as to why these apps keep crashing. It's not horrible, but crashing in the middle of a TF2 session kind of sucks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom