Updating my bios, how?

Status
Not open for further replies.

AND_YOU_ARE

Fully Optimized
With my problems with my vpu crashing, i am wondering if it has to do with my bios. I have fast write disabled. How do i go about updating the bios? Is it complicated? I know how to clear it with the cmos battery and such, is it similar? Would it help my vpu problem?

Thanks.

Try reseting the BIOS but if that doesn't work then yu migth have to update the BIOS. Updating the BIOS is not a very difficult task providing that you read the instructions provided by your BOS manufacturer. You generally go to your BIOS manufacturers site and dowload a flash utility which u copy onto a bootable floppy disk. then you must find the updater file ofyour particular version of the BIOS. The best way to find out the versin of your bios is when your computer first boots up. You will see your BIOS manufacturer and the date of the version and on the bottom of the screen somewhere you will find the actual version number of your BIOS. by pressing the Pause key when this screen stops the boot process and allows you to jot down your BIOS details. I think u migt also find your BIOS version in system information in windows by clicking start -> accessories ---> system tools ----> system information

Its not so common in a way that it is only necessary to update your BIOS if you want to add hardware that is not currently supported by your motherboard (e.g more RAM, bigger HDD, Faster CPU's)

i was wondering about that myself because the bios flashing thing gives you a warning and i was scared to do it (plus i dont have a floppy drive). i had some hd problems but someone helped me with them in another way. so how often does it screw up your comp? or is it more if you do it right? it says you have to send in the bios chip if it gets messed up. does anyone know much about this?

Yes it can be a pain in the butt if you do mess up the BIOS but your safe bet is to make sure the BIOS update is the exact update for your particular virus. Like i said before, check your BIOS version and write it down and you cant go wrong.

AND_YOU_ARE. For your vpu crash, have you disabled trueform (located under 3d tab custom set). Check which game gives you trouble and update your drivers because ATI come out with new drivers which correct those bugs all the time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom